#1 Trunks (Dbz/Super)

The world has erupted into chaos. It has descended into darkness and evil. There is no light and there is no hope. Humanity has surely doomed themselves. My name is (Y/n) (L/n) and this is my story.

I'm an average eighteen year old girl. I live a simple life and work part time at a cute corner café. Life appears to be great but recently I haven't been getting a good feeling in the pit of my stomach.

It all started when I watched the news the other day. The news anchor reported, what would be considered a revolutionary breakthrough in science history. He reported that the downtown laboratory had been creating a special machine over the last few years and now they're finally completed it and they're ready to reveal it to the world.

Their machine, as said by one of the scientists themselves, would provide an alternate source of electricity. One that provides clean energy globally and it would not contribute to any sort of pollution. It's surely a miracle in the eyes of citizens and a Godly creation among the scientists but I have my suspicions.

I walked through the streets taking in a breath of fresh air and enjoyed the morning atmosphere. It was truly calming but that serenity was disrupted in just a matter of seconds.

Suddenly a white beaming light shot up into the sky, crashing into the clouds and causing them to swirl and turn into a dark and smoky black colour. It was horrifying. The once beautiful creation, that I've always gazed upon and lost myself in its simplicity was scaring me.

I knew the beam of light came from the Down Town Laboratory because it was in that direction. My heart sank as that feeling in the pit of my stomach manifested further. Is their so called clean energy project is a failure?

I turned into a street, feeling goosebumps rise all over my body, while I still stared up at the sky. I immediately heard a crunching sound and shot my head in the direction of the noise. At that moment I regretted leaving my house or even getting out of bed. It was the most revolting and traumatising thing I had ever seen.

I saw human beings devouring each other. Blood was smothered all over their faces and it dripped down their clothes. Decapitated limbs and lifeless bodies covered the street. These were no longer human beings. They've become monstrous cannibalistic beings and it scared the hell out of me. I could no longer bare witness to this. I shut my eyes and my stomach churned, it could no longer hold the breakfast I had that morning.

***

I've been running for a while now. I'm not sure how long but I felt my legs shake below me and my hands trembled with fear, the silver iron rod that I had in my hand (which was my only protection from those vile and savage creatures), threatened to slip from my bruised hand.

I've been fending off these creatures ever since my breakfast was set free from my stomach. I took a few down but I'm not what you would call athletic so keeping myself safe will become a problem. The proof is the bruises and cuts that's all over my body which I got from those creatures but what makes things worse is that I decided to wear a dress today. Horrible, I know.

I tried finding shelter in shops but they were invaded by those cannibalistic creatures or they were closed. I tried going back home but the street I lived on was infested with those creatures, my life has become a total disaster so that's when I decided I need to keep on running in order to live.

I'm sure hours had went by until I found a dead end street which I could hide out at. I fell to the ground, exhausted and weak. My feet ached and my hands were numb, tears streamed down my already stained cheeks. I could no longer handle the pain, chaos and killing. I layed there dead still but that's when I heard multiple footsteps approach me.

I slowly got up, wincing from the pain, and gripped my iron rod. It was three of those creatures. They noticed my presence and raced toward me with murderous intent. I swung my arms around trying to hit as many of them as I could. Two fell to the ground.

My eyes were blur with the tears.The numbness in my hands got worse and my legs became weaker. I could no longer do this. I cannot live in a world filled with pain and fear. I no longer had the will to fight or live. I was ready to meet death. I stood still awaiting for the creature to attack me but instead I watched it fall to the ground with a loud thud.

I wiped my tears and saw a tall, slim yet muscular boy with lavender coloured hair staring back at me with a small smile filled with hope and he carried a sword in his hand which was now covered with blood. I looked him straight in the eyes and saw the determination and will he had to carry on living and fighting even though this world isn't worth living in anymore.

My knees were giving up on me and I began to fall to the ground but I heard quick footsteps come in my direction and a hand snaked around my body preventing me from falling any further. I blinked slowly, going in and out of consciousness while I looked at the mysterious youth and thought that before I give up on life I should always remember hope.

---------

A/n: Omg you guys! Finally a Trunks oneshot! This was an idea I had for long time. I used this plot for an essay I had at school but this oneshot is a more polished version.

Should I do a sequel/Part 2 or not? Let me know in the comments. Don't forget to vote you guys!
Stay amazing! ^-^