34. Flawed

I was stuck there in my place, unable to move from the shocking occurrence. My breath caught in my lungs as Titus instantly jumped into action. He shifted into his dark grey wolf, ready to take down the threat. Before Seth could get any closer to me Titus tackled him to the ground. The whole crowd stood back while Ron's menacing laugh echoed around us. This is exactly what he wanted, and he got it.

Chaos...

Owen tugged on my arm, wanting me to follow. I stared into his pleading eyes then back at the scene in front of me. Seth's eyes found mine as a low whine followed. He was having an internal battle with his wolf. He didn't understand the extent of my decision, but he still respected me as his luna.

Seth's family looked torn between what to do. But they knew getting involved would lead in punishment for the entire family so they stayed quiet as they watched in horror.

I quickly followed behind Owen, before Titus stuck his canines into Seth's shoulder. Seth's loud cries rang through my ears as we approached the pack house. I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes then hurried into the house.

Owen led me to the living room where we both sat on the couch. I buried my head in my hands as the tears came.

"I didn't mean for this to happen." I said between sobs.

Owen wrapped his arm around me as he pulled me closer. "Brinn I've known you my whole life and I know you wouldn't just kill for the héll of it. From what I've heard, that girl was asking for it. Don't beat yourself up about it."

I dropped my hand then turned to face him. "Yes I attacked her in self defense, but part of me wanted her dead Owen. I wanted her out of Titus and I's life." I felt a sense of relief as the words finally left me mouth. I had been trying to convince myself for days that that wasn't the truth, but deep down I knew.... I knew the truth.

He sighed then ran his hand through his hair. "I'm not going to lie...that's deep, but you're not a bad person Brinn. Stop making yourself out to be one."

I shook my head. "It's not that easy. Seth hates me!" I exclaimed.

"No he doesn't, his wolf is just confused and acted an impulse. Seth is your friend and I'm sure he knows you wouldn't do something like that unless it was warranted."

I ran my hand over my stomach. "I'm a mess." I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall behind the couch. "Brinn?"

"Yes?" I asked as I slowly opened my eyes. Owen's eyes met mine, then traveled down to my hand that was placed protectively over my stomach.

Crap....

"You're pregnant?" I nodded as my eyes stayed glued to his. He stared down at his lap then nodded. "You could have told me, I wouldn't have gotten mad."

I grabbed his hand and placed it in my lap. "I know I just didn't know how. I didn't even know how to tell momma and daddy." He nodded understandingly.

He gently squeezed my hand then smiled. "That explains the multiple mood swings." I furrowed my eyebrows as I shot him a confused look. "What do you mean?"

He shook his head and chuckled. "Never mind, lets go see momma." I wanted to force him to elaborate on his comment, but I pushed it to the side for later. Seeing my mother was something I had anticipated on all day.

***

"Still no progress?" I asked Taylor as we entered my mother's room. Getting over here had my nerves oh high. The crowd had dispersed by the time we left the pack house, but the few that lingered around held questionable looks when their eyes landed on me.