aloof kid.

Unedited.

I had always been an aloof kid. I also didn't talk much. I preferred isolation.

It felt safe, cold and lonely but safe.

In our family if you can call us that, we didn't talk much. Well that shouldn't really come as surprise to anyone. But I wanted someone to be there for me. To listen to all my troubles. Someone who could hug me and make me forget all my troubles.

But still at the age of nineteen I haven't found someone like that and a part of me wonders if I ever will?

How sad it would be If that were true?

                       -- ___---____--

I awaken from my sleep. My back is aching and my neck is stiff.  This is one of the side effects of sleeping on the floor rather then on the bed.

I haven't opened my eyes yet but I can feel Leon watching me from the bed where he slept. I guess after coming home drunk and calling me out on my issues Leon had a very nice sleep.

But his words and seeing Alessandro kissing a guy was enough to keep me awake the whole night.

After last night my hate for Leon has only increased. But  I am also a bit mad at myself for underestimating him. I should have known that he already had every bit of information about me but I did not.

But does he know about Alessandro?

Should I ask him?

But this could be life threatening for Alessandro if Leon doesn't know and I tell him that?

I couldn't risk it.

There was no place for gay men in the  mafia world. Alessandro will be killed if anyone finds out.

"I know you are awake, mio moglie"  Leon says in a sleepy tone.

But even in his sleepy tone I can sense his authority. It makes me wonder if he could talk to anyone with kindness in his voice.

I slowly open my left eye and quickly close it and blink furiously to adjust to the daylight.

I must have  looked  like a vampire because I catch Leon staring at me. He looks like he has a hangover.

I was never allowed to consume alcohol neither did I ever want to so I don't know how he feels right now.

People do stupid shit when they are drunk. And I do enough stupid shit while I am sober so I just can't risk it you know.

Allison got drunk quite a lot and I was always the one cleaning up after her.

And she said that getting hung over was the worst feeling ever I wished that right now Leon was feeling the same way.

I want him to hurt for all the shit he said to me yesterday. I get up from the floor and make a bun of my already tied hair.

Leon is still staring at me but I don't dare looking at him. I go to the bathroom to get him an aspirin and a glass of water.

This might seem like an act of kindness but it really wasn't.

It was my mode of survival. It might wound my pride to help such an asshole but this asshole had power which I did not.

And he also had a gun and knew how to use it as well.

Leon takes the aspirin and the water.

I still don't look at him. He hand me the glass and I take it from him.

As I turn around Leon suddenly pulls me and I end up falling in his lap.

Well shit.

I look at him but don't say anything. He stares as well.

But suddenly he buries his face in my neck and inhales sharply.

"Hmmm... You always smell so good in the morning" he says.

Does that mean he smells me every morning. Well that's not creepy at all.

This man had just made fun of my mental issues last night and now he was smelling me. This douche really was bi polar.

"I...ummm n-need to take a bath" I say hoping he would let me go.

"Why?" He asks like I was the stupid one.

I simply look down bitting my tongue and fisting my hands I try to calm myself but it was quite futile.

Doesn't he know why people take baths?

"You should let me go. Who knows I might have another emotion breakdown? We wouldn't want that to happen now would we?"

The words fly out of my mouth before I could think. But I  was just so fucking pissed that I could not help it.

Do I regret saying this?

Probably.

Would I have done the same thing if could get a do over?

Yes I would.

This time I was completely ready for a slap or maybe a kick? But nothing happens.

But he just cradles me in his arms for a few seconds.

"There are worse things that could happen to a person then a mental breakdown". He says to me in a weird voice but not in a threatening way.

"Have you experienced them? I ask out of curiosity.

But the reply doesn't come.

He lets go of me instantly.

And getting up from the bed exits the door.

Leaving behind me and my curiosity.

That's  a wrap for this chapter. Please comment, vote, share and follow.
And have a nice day 😊