America...

Authors Note
Hey guys thanks for coming back
Disclaimer: unfortunately I do not own the wonderful selection series the amazing Keira Cass does
Also I was thinking of not killing off Queen Amberley I just love her so much.
Enjoy the story

Maxon's POV

I was working on another trade agreement, when Kriss walked in the room. She sat on my lap and kissed my cheek. She had a smile on her face.
"Why are you smiling, my dear." Her smile grew  bigger at the endearment
"I have a surprise for you."
"What is it"
"Well I can't tell you everything, all I'm going to say is a special singer is coming to the palace to preform for you at our anniversary ball."
"Who."
"I'm not telling you" she says with a laugh.
"I can make you tell me" I say seductively
I kiss her neck and she starts to laugh.
"OK OK!!" She laughs " Its America"
My face falls.
I quickly try to cover it up but Kriss notices
"What" she ask nervous.
"Nothing I just was not expecting it that's all."
"Ok, I have to go work on the party I'll see you tonight at dinner."
She kissed my cheek and walked out of the room.
As soon as she was gone I leaned back in my chair and ran both my hands through my hair. I had not seen America in three years, but not a day went by where I did not think of her.
She left the palace. She left me. With out even saying good bye.
Not that I blame her. After all I did break her heart.
I wondered what happened to her. Did she get married or have kids. Did she become a teacher or continue her music career. Those questions crossed my mind everyday.
I just hoped she was happy.
Sometimes I wonder if she married that officer guy... Leger. The thought of him makes me red with anger.
I should be the one making her happy not him. I could treat her better. Give her more.  I want to make her happy. And it kills me to think that she loved him more than me. She probably forgot about me. But I will never forget her.
The worst part is I can't go back. I married Kriss. Not America. Don't get me wrong, I care about Kriss I have feelings for her. But they are nothing compared to how I feel about America. No matter how hard I try my feeling for America will never go away. And honestly I don't think I love Kriss. I don't know. Maybe I do but not in a romantic way. Our relationship is more of a friendly one. My heart never skips a beat when I see her. I never feel a spark when I kiss her. But with America ...... my heart does not skip a beat, it stops. And instead of feeling a spark I feel a fire. When I see her it's like my whole world stops.

6 hours later

After dinner, I go outside to the gardens to try and clear my head, but of course it only makes me think of America more. I remember how we would walk in the gardens and tug our ears. And how she would yell at me when I called her 'my dear'. I laugh to myself and continue walking. Until I stumble across our bench.
That god awful bench!
After America left I wanted to get rid of it, in hopes it would help me forget about her.
But I realized I didn't want to forget about her. I cared about her very deeply. And she bought so much happiness into my life. I can't forget her.
One thing I have always wanted more than anything is to apologize to her, for what I said at the choosing ceremony. I said so many hurtful things that I didn't mean. And I never even got to say I'm sorry.

1 hour later
As I start to go to sleep I can't help but think of the night I spent with America. That was the best night of my life. I got tell her how I felt. I got to fall asleep with her in my arms. Listening to her breaths as they came and went. That night I thought about the life we could of had. We could of gotten married. And have children. We could have even dissolved the caste. That was Americas dream. After I became king I tried to but I was afraid to ask for Kriss's  opinion. She never said she wanted to keep the caste but she never said she wanted to get rid of them.                            
I needed to stop. No matter how much I hated it I chose Kriss and there was nothing I could do about it.

Authers Note
I hoped you guys enjoyed the story sorry this is kind of a filler chapter I promise we will get in the flow with story. I want to know your opinions of the story (but plz be nice 👍) also thank you thank you thank you. For reading my story it means so much to me.
QOTD: what is your favorite maxerica moment. Also do you want a Selection movie
AOTD: when they danced in the rain ☔️ and of course I want a selection movie