ii.

"Are you leaving yet?" Namjoon's wife asked from a different room, where she was folding laundry while spoon-feeding the triplets breakfast.

"Yes! In just one second!" Namjoon yelled, running around the house with Hoseok on his right hip and a survival backpack on his left shoulder. "Jin? Jin!"

"Daddy, I'm right here," Jin said, standing by the door, his small hands fisted tightly around the straps of his pink backpack.

"Right, right...then what am I forgetting?" Namjoon asked, turning and scanning the living room.

"Yoongi."

"That's what it is...YOONGI? YOONGI WHERE ARE YOU?"

"He's sleeping."

"Still?!" Namjoon sighed. "Jin, can you go wake your brother up and tell him to get a move on? I'm going to get the car started."

"Are we going to be late, Daddy?"

"No, of course not!"

"Honey, are you still here?" his wife shouted. "You're going to be late!"

"Shit," Namjoon mumbled, grabbing his keys off the rack and dropping them while Jin stared at him with big eyes.

"Mommy, Daddy said a no-no!"

"Namjoon!"

"Sorry!" Namjoon grabbed the keys and jogged to the door. "Get Yoongi, Jin!" Then he ran out of the house and to the car, opening the side door of the grey sedan and buckling Hoseok into a booster seat.

Jin, meanwhile, went into the room he shared with Yoongi and Hoseok and started shaking Yoongi.

Yoongi growled and rolled over. "I'm tiwed, don't bothew me."

Jin crossed his arms, his eyes watering. "Yoongi, it'th my firtht day of thchool and we're going to be late ith you don't get up."

"Tiwed."

Jin started crying. "Yoongi! I don't want to be late!"

When Yoongi still didn't move, Jin wrapped his arms around Yoongi and tried dragging him off the bed.

"No! Tiwed!" Yoongi screamed, kicking and punching and hanging on tightly to the bed frame.

Namjoon ran in. "Jin, what's taking you so-" He took in took in the scene before going over and picking Yoongi up before nodding at Jin. "Go get in the car, sweetie. And don't worry, we aren't going to be late."

Jin nodded, wiping his tears, and ran to the car, Namjoon following with Yoongi, who was still kicking him, and rather hard for a three-year-old.

Finally, Namjoon managed to strap Yoongi in, even though he fell asleep just as soon as the buckle clicked.

"Can I thit up front, Daddy?" Jin asked, hopping from his left foot to his right foot. "Pleath?"

"Jin. Repeat after me: please."

"Pleath?"

"Please."

"Pweath?"

Namjoon paused. "Okay, you can sit in the front. But just today, and don't tell your mom because she'll kill me, okay?"

Jin nodded, his eyes huge with excitement, but Namjoon had to open the car door for him. Then he picked up Jin and put him in the seat before closing his door and hopping in on the other side.

"Is everyone buckled in?" Namjoon asked.

"Yep!" Jin said, happy to be in the front in a big person's chair.

"Mmmmm!" Hoseok said, humming.

Yoongi was asleep.

"All right, here we go!" Namjoon took off driving and only made it halfway down the block before he brakes hard. "Jin, where is your backpack?"

"In my room," he said. "I took it off to get Yoongi." His eyes widened and he started to cry. "I don't have my backpack!"

Namjoon quickly reversed and drove back to the house, running in to grab Jin's backpack and putting it in his lap before getting back in the car and hitting the gas.

"Daddy! You don't have your theat belt on!" Jin said through his tears that were drying with the procurement of his pink backpack.

Namjoon quickly buckled himself in and drove as fast as he could. He was glad that Jin was only going into kindergarten because Jin hadn't learned his numbers yet, and if he had, he'd surely be asking Namjoon why the sign said 35 and Namjoon was going 50.

Somehow or another, they arrived at the kindergarten safely (with one of them having slept the whole way).

Namjoon parked and helped Jin get out.

"I'm not late am I?" Jin asked nervously, but Namjoon laughed, shaking his head.

"You're early! See everyone else still being dropped off?"

Jin nodded but looked back at Hoseok. "Can't Hobi come with me?" he asked, staring sadly at his brother, who wasn't paying attention. "I don't want to go alone. I don't want to go if Hobi cant go with me!"

"I'm sorry, Jin, but you have to do this alone because you're the oldest, okay?" Namjoon said, trying to reassure Jin before he started crying again, but then Jin spotted someone wearing a pink shirt and he was fine.

"I have to go to school, Daddy. I'll see you later!" Jin said, running towards the school as fast as his stubby legs could take him.

"Wait a second, Jin!" Namjoon said, frowning. "Goodbye kiss?"

Jin pouted. "But the other kids will make fun of me..."

"No, look. They're all giving their mommies and daddies goodbye kisses, so why don't I get one?"

"...Fine." Jin ran back over and Namjoon knelt down so Jin could press his tiny lips against Namjoon's cheek before running back towards the school.

After only ten steps, he tripped, but then he got back up and kept running.

Namjoon got back in the car and watched until Jin went inside until the car behind him honked. Namjoon leaned out the window. "What?!"

"You're holding up the line!" the driver yelled.

"Shut up!" Namjoon said. "My kid is prettier than yours anyway!" he yelled before driving away.

"Daddy?" Hoseok asked.

"What, Hoseok?"

"Can I sit in the front?" he asked, one of the only sons able to pronounce his s's correctly.

"No, Hoseok."

"But Jin got to?"

"But I don't trust you."

"But I'll tell Mommy that you yelled at someone?"

"Let me just find a place where I can pull over and switch your seat."