Chapter 5 - Confidence

I paced the living room as I waited for someone to come back inside. I knew someone would come – most likely Dean. Anticipating his reaction to the information Hana gave him was eating away at me. Would he be angry? Would he yell?

Would he even care?

Should I expect him to? I'm broken beyond repair. All I'd truly expect of him would be to reject me and find someone stronger to take as a mate.

Eventually, the pacing grew tiresome, and I feared I'd wear a path in the floor. I wasn't sure how much time had gone by exactly, but it felt like hours. I'd expected someone to come storming in long before now. I finally decided to just take a seat on the couch and stared blankly at the wall in front of me. I thought about turning on the TV, but I knew I wouldn't really be able to pay attention to it. My mind was consumed by a whirlwind of thoughts.

I then heard a light noise at the front door. Although I'd only been staying here a few days, I instantly recognized it as the sound the door knob made right before someone was about to unlock the door. My eyes widened and my whole body was on alert. This was it. This is what I'd been anticipating. Dean's reaction would finally be revealed.

My heart rate quickened as I heard the door knob turn, and I slowly turned around to face the front door, expecting to see Dean.

Instead, I was greeted by Hana once again.

"Let's get you ready for dinner," she said with a chipper tone as if she didn't realize I was expecting Dean to come storming in rather than her.

Catching onto my confusion, she raised an eyebrow, "What's the matter?"

"That's it?" I blurted out.

Hana continued to stare at me with a look full of questions.

"You said you'd tell Dean of my past, but he hasn't even made an appearance in here since this morning, and now you've come back telling me it's time for dinner?"

Hana sighed and nodded, "Dean wasn't pleased with what I told him, but we managed to convince him to take some time to cool off, rather than coming back here to see you."

I felt a bit relieved at Hana's words, and I truly appreciated the gesture. Every time I saw Dean angry, it made my mind revert to its dark place. Being away from my father, even if only for a few days, had helped bring some light and clarity to my mind, but Dean seemed to make it cloud over again. I wanted to trust in Hana's advice. I wanted to feel incredible from being with my mate and becoming a Luna, but I didn't know how to just yet. I was still trying to learn and understand, and every time Dean lost himself in a fit of rage, it felt like I was taking two steps backwards.

"Thank you," I told her softly.

Hana smiled and nodded before reaching out and gently grabbing my hand. She tugged me towards the bedroom and immediately went for the closet, rummaging through the large amount of clothing that I now owned.

"Why are we getting dressed up for dinner?" I asked, noticing Hana had already changed into a baby pink maxi dress that outlined her baby bump perfectly.

"Dean is having a dinner for us as his guests," she told me as she pulled a forest green dress out of the closet and held it up to my body.

I felt my muscles clench. I didn't know if I was ready to make an appearance in front of the pack yet as Alpha Dean's mate. I wasn't ready to be introduced as Luna, and I certainly wasn't ready to risk seeing my father.

Hana raised an eye at me, sensing my change in demeanor, "It's just going to be us. Me, you, Dean, my mate, Rhett, and his brother, Wyatt."

I let out a sigh of relief, not even bothering to mask it. Something about Hana made me trust her. She obviously already knew how I was feeling, so there was no point in hiding my emotions.