Chapter Nineteen: Bad timing (Ladynoir)

"Marinette!" Alya screamed, calling her best friend over to her. Waving dramatically to her best friend from the front of school. Marinette gives a small smile waving back before joining her friend at the steps that enter the building.

"Did you hear what happened?!" Alya gasped as she began flipping through her phone.

"No, what happened?" Marinette nervously asked.

Alya slung her arm around Marinette before walking through the entrance and down the halls of the enormous building.

"Chat noir is finally going to ask Ladybug on a date!" Alya fangirled squealing with joy, she was practically jumping with joy bursting through the classroom and awaiting Marinette on her seat.

"What!?" Marinette gasped glancing down at her small hand bag. Tikki was already looking at Marinette silently clapping in dramatic effect.

"I know! I had the same reaction!" Alya cheered opening her book bag as the bluenette took her seat next to her.

Marinette eventually opened her book bag; jaw remaining open to touch the floor.

'Why would Chat Noir do that!?' she pondered as the teacher called out asking for last night's homework.

Marinette dazingly handed the teacher her homework plotting everything out in her head.

'But I don't know him'

'Well, I do, but I don't'

And most importantly,

'Who is Chat Noir?'

Little did the bluenette know a bombshell blonde was thinking the same in the seat in front of her.

'Ladybug is purr-fect!'

'But does she think I am?'

'All I am is bad luck!'

Adrien began quietly mumbling questions, answers, and thoughts to himself but was soon interrupted by a loud crash coming from outside the school.

"Students! Quickly go to your designated areas." The teacher yelled out for the whole class to hear, hurrying her ninth-grade class to safety.

"This looks like a job for Chat Noir." Adrien snickered a little sliding in an empty classroom as everyone fled down the halls.

"Tikki, Spots on!" a girl voice commanded from a closet in that classroom.

"Ladybug?" Adrien pondered aloud as Plagg was finishing off his cheese.

Sadly, to Adrien she didn't hear, so she had popped out of the closet and began to run towards the door.

Adrien with his catlike reflexes, slides behind the teacher's desk.

"Plagg, time to save the day!" 

"Plagg, Claws out!"

Adrien jumps out from under the desk transforming into his sleek black Cat uniform.

"Me-ow" Chat flirted as he hurried to catch up to the red and black heroin. Who he presumed was already outside inspecting the loud thud?

Chat noir arrived at the scene, where a man terrorized under the name, 'Poker face'.

"Need backup?" Chat Noir called down to ladybug who was dealing with a tsunami of cards.

"Of course!" Ladybug smiles at her partner, as he landed softly on the concrete floor.

"Listen here Poker face, I'm about to give you a royal flush!" Chat Noir charged at the madman with glowing red eyes and a suit full of the suites from cards.

"Chat Noir! If he touches you, you'll turn into a playing card!" Ladybug warned now battling new card enemies, Aces, Twos, Kings, Jacks, Sevens, it had them all.

"Cataclysm!" Chat yelled as he reached out for a specifically designed coin with hearts and clubs on it.

Unfortunately, his hand was pushed down from a five of hearts, which made his Cataclysm go to a waste on a nearby poster.

"Au revoir, Chat Noir!" Poker face smiled as his hand touches the shoulder of his enemy.

"Chat Noir, no!" Ladybug yelled as she saw her partner turn into a King of Spades.

"Time to add another Queen to the collection!" Poker face then began to charge at the last superhero standing, who merely dodges his attacks effortlessly.

"Lucky Charm!" Ladybug called out praying silently for a useful utensil. Then fell, a headband.

A headband, oh how useful.

Ladybug who ignored the odd weapon stirred anxiously looking for a hint as to what this hair accessory could be useful for.

Her eyes smiled on their own when she has spotted the coin that was hanging out the front of the villain's pocket.

She knew her Yo-yo would get caught in his oddly sticky clothe, so she began to pull the headband back like a bow. Ladybug let the headband out of her fingertips. It hit its target perfectly, making the fragile coin destroy as it fell to the ground.

"Your time is done here Akuma." Ladybug smirked as she transformed the evil little black butterfly into its natural form.

"Bye bye little butterfly" Ladybug giggled as Chat noir was freed from his former card-self.

"My battery on my ring!" Chat Noir warned as it was already down to its last seconds.

Ladybug listened when hers began beeping loudly warning her that Tikki would need to be charged up as she was almost out of energy, "We have t-" she was cut off by a hand pulling her into an open café.

Chat Noir has hesitations but ignored them all as he leaned in and kissed Ladybug dead on the lips. Sure, it hadn't been their first one. But it meant something, something more than a silly act.

Beeps were heard as their secret disguises of Chat Noir and Ladybug returned to their former self.

Adrien pulled away from the kiss and opened his eyes in surprise spotting the shy girl that sits behind him in class.

"Marinette?" Adrien gasped in shock, still grasping on how this was possible.

It all made sense, same hair, same bluebell eyes, same girl.

"Adrien!?" Marinette whispered in shock, as if the thought its self, scared her.

"Don't worry M'lady, it's just bad timing." Adrien snickered as he caught Marinette before she almost fainted. Marinette pulled her arm back before slapping the blonde-haired boy dead across the face.

"I-m sorry I can't do this" Marinette rushed before turning around quickly to escape the foolish boy but fails as her arm is caught by his wrist as he pulls her back to him before bringing her lips to his.

"Don't leave me M'lady" he whispers against her lips breaking apart for air,

"I understand your disappointed it's me, but please, please don't let this be the end of this." He mumbles letting small tears fall down his face.

"W-what?" "I'm not disappointed it's you, if anything it's the other way around... I mean you like Ladybug because she's brave and adventurous... I'm just shy Marinette..." she mumbles avoiding eye contact trying to stop herself from letting the tears run freely herself.

"You're right, you're Marinette. But you're also Ladybug... Beautiful, brave, bold, carefree, funny... those are words I would use to describe you Marinette... I love you" Adrien whispers

"I love you too..." Marinette whispers taking comfort in Adrien's arms.

1133 words, short but cute.