Five - Gotta Study!

Studying. The very thing that destroys your social life and I'm bad at it too which just makes everything worse. I wanted to hit my head on the desk and just take a nap forever so that I could avoid the chains of studying. My mind wanders a lot if you couldn't already tell by now. I could just see it, my mum's cookies in front of me, their scent captivating and practically intoxicating. I seriously need someone to punch me or something so I could snap out of it and focus.

Suddenly I heard my phone ring and so I picked it up, the caller ID surprising me, "Yo Seung, what's up? It's been so long since you've called!" Seung Gil is my good friend from middle school who moved to Hawaii with his family because of his mother's work. We message each other from time to time but it's rare for him to call since his little brother and sister would always purposely be super loud while he's on the phone.

"Hey Ko! Nothing much really, just a lot of packing for a big move. What's up with you?" Wait, what? He's moving again?! Why haven't I heard about this?!

"You're moving again? Where to this time?" I tried to keep my cool, which was working in my favor so far.

"Back to Oregon." WHAT?!

"You're moving back?! Why? When is this all happening? When will you get here? Are you bringing your annoying little brother with you? When can we meet up? It's been too long!" I immediately threw every question I could think of at the time, which made me out of breath.

"Whoa, slow down! I can barely understand what you're saying!" I tried to slow down as I repeated all of my questions, at least the ones I could remember. "Okay, first, yes we're moving back. Why? Well, everyone has been homesick since we left and my mom's new job isn't as fantastic as we all thought it'd be. So, we decided to move back since honestly, we're all getting sick of the humidity down here." I stayed silent so that he could finish without any interruptions, "Yes, of course Bam is coming with us, he's my little brother. And I'm not sure when we can meet up, hopefully soon after we get settled back again." I breathed a sigh of relief, happy that I could see him again soon.

"That's great! Should I go tell Emily, or do you want to be the one to share the news?" I knew that even if I did tell Em myself, she would immediately contact Seung anyway.

"I'll tell her. What are you doing right now?" Of course he had to ask me the one question I was afraid he would ask. And of course, I couldn't lie to him. 

"I was just in the middle of studying for a big test that's tomorrow." I answered him honestly, expecting him to want to talk later so that I could study in peace.

"Ah, for what subject?" I was surprised that he was keeping the conversation going.

"Science. It's my last class of the day." I told him, honestly not wanting for him to leave. Seung was always fun to talk to, his voice was soft and soothing to the ears. 

"Cool. Hey, I've gotta get going. By the way, I'll be back by your birthday so I'm expecting an invitation." I just laughed in response to what he said before we said our goodbyes and hung up. I turned back to my notes and textbook before I suddenly received a text message. I looked back at my phone to see that Seung sent me a picture of his little brother Bam making a strange face. I laughed before going back to my studies, needing to get a good grade on the test. 

Soon it'll be my birthday, meaning soon I'll finally find out who my mate is. I was so excited, I couldn't wait. I mentally slapped myself so that I could continue to focus on my studying, getting distracted easily. 

--------------------

A//N: 

I'm back! Sorry I've been gone so long >.< I've been caught up with school and stress so I couldn't make time for writing. Recently I have been free so look forward to new chapters coming up! I love all you guys!

-Miya<3