Chapter 2

"It's halloween!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs in my most weird costume.

"Don't go scaring the kids." My mom called from her room.

"No promises." I ran outside to meet Max and high fives him. "You got the stuff?"

He nodded and handed me the silly string.

"Let's troll this neighborhood good."

We started running around spraying silly string all over the kids that were going trick-or-treating.

This is what happens when junior kids have nothing else better to do on halloween night.

"What is your problem?" One of the little kids yelled back at us as we kept running and spraying.

Right then, my phone rang. It was my mom.

"Hello?"

"Ellie? I just got a mother here saying some teenagers were going around spraying silly string. What that you and Max?"

"If it was, are we in trouble?" I was worried.

"Nope. The kid was covered and it was hilarious. Just don't be reckless."

"Got it, love you mom!" I say as I hang up.

For another 20 minutes, we sprayed as many kids as possible and headed to my house and got ready for our costume party. Everyone in our grade is coming and its gonna be hype. Max surely couldn't wait because he planned to spray silly string on everyone throughout the party, and I cant wait to was this massacre unfold.

~ ~ ~

It's been an hour since everyone arrived and for the past 15 minutes, I've been sitting on my couch, alone , drinking some soda. It's almost like no one even notices me, then those thoughts came back. Other than that, all I could think was 'where the hell is Max?' But he was nowhere to be found.

The party is almost over and I've been sitting by myself for about half the party, which I didn't want to happen. Everyone was starting to leave amd some were nice enough to stay long enough to clean some of the mess up. Max was cleaning up his silly string mess when he spotted me staring at my soda can like I was looking for some sharp point on it.

"Come om, cheer up. Or else."

"Or else what?"

He then laughs and throws the silly string on me. "Hey!"

"What? You actually asked for it."

I rolled my eyes and laughed it off. "Okay, I laughed. Now go throw this mess away."

He then picks me up and heads towards rhe trash can.

"Not me!"

"What do you want me to do then?"

"Put me down."

He shruggs and drops me.

"Ow!"

He laughs and walks away. That was kind of rude, but it was funny.

I got up, brushed off the remaining string off me for Max to clean later, and headed to my room, since everyone else is already gone.

I sat down on my bed and looked at my phone. I find that alot of people send me random pictures from the party like I wasn't there at all. It sure did seem like it though, the only person that ever acknowledges me is Max, even though everyone claims to be my friend.

I sometimes get the feeling that Max wants to be more than friends, but then that feeling dies because I always see him talking to other girls, and those girls would be flirting with him. But I try to ignore it and try to go on with my life. That my friends, was the end of the night because I kept thinking until i ended up falling asleep.