It Almost Slipped

**A/N**

Uuuuuugggggghhhhh I don't wanna go to high schoooooollllll halp meh EEEEEUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHH...........!!!!!!

Ok I'm good.

* * *

Mark's P.O.V

I woke to the sound of light rain pattering on the window and the roof above me. The storm had passed at least. Grey light filtered into the room, the sun covered by a shroud of clouds (lol) outside. I looked behind me at Jack. He was so cute when he slept... I could've sat here and watched him for hours without getting bored.

He had rolled away from he wall in his sleep and was now so close to me I could feel his breath blowing on my neck. His face was so close to mine I could kiss him...

I sighed gently, turning away again. Then I got up. I was still wearing Jack's clothes. I got out of his bed quietly and pulled my clothes from the door. They were wrinkled, but dry. I'd change back into them... I didn't want to keep Jack's clothes any longer than I had to... even though I loved wearing them. It was like a piece of him was with me.

I slipped off his jeans and put mine back on. Then I pulled the shirt up and over my head.

"Mfgh..." I heard Jack mutter. "Morning..."

"Morning." I replied, holding my shirt in my hand.

Jack sat up and looked at me tiredly. Then his eyes widened and a blush crept across his cheeks. I quickly put the shirt on and blushed back.

"You coulda kept mine on if you wanted to.." he said.

"It's ok. I'll wear mine. You were nice to me last night so..." I tugged the collar of the shirt."

"Nice..." he laughed, getting off the bed. "I'm your friend. Friends have each other's backs. I'd do anything for you-" he suddenly blushed, as if he hadn't wanted those last words to slip out.

I laughed, wrapping my arms around his neck in a hug.

"Don't worry bout it. I'd do anything for you too."

* * *

First through fourth period went smoothly. Neither Jack or I got kicked out of class by Ms. Williams. We started to go towards the cafeteria when Jack snatched the sleeve of my shirt, grinning mischievously. I raised my eyebrows as he pulled towards to doors.

"I'll take you out for lunch today. I don't feel like eating the school's chicken anyway... it's probably dead pigeon." Jack said as we walked to his car. I giggled. Dead pigeon sandwiches.

Jack started the car and we started driving to the park. This had become a special place to us, I guess. He got out of the car and waited for me. Then we walked deeper into the park. The light drizzle of rain carried throughout the day. It felt refreshing, actually. Much better than the downpour from yesterday.

"I smell something good..." Jack said. We looked around until we spotted a new cart. People walked away from the car carrying ice cream, sodas, burgers, and some fries. Me and Jack smiled to each other. Then we approached the cart. We each ordered a burger and ice cream, then a soda and fries to share. Jack pulled a wad of cash out of his pocket, but I pushed it down. He raised an eyebrow as I put some of my own money on the cart and we got our food. We then walked to a bench and sat to enjoy our food.

"Why did you do that?" Jack asked. "You didn't have to pay for anything..."

"I know. I wanted to."

"But why?" He asked again, licking his ice cream. Oh god he looked so cute...

"Well, you left the school to come get me. You took me out of the rain. You profusely apologized to me for something with at was put your fault. You let me wear your clothes. Use your shower. Pick our movie. You made me dinner. You've chosen to be my friend through all the shit we go though at school..." I paused. "I..."