Chapter 24-Edited

Chapter 24

Elizabeth's POV

"Pass it to me, Luna! Pass!" I'm about to pass the football when I feel two strong arms wrap around my waist.

"I've got you," a husky voice whispers in my ear. My skin tingles and I release a small sigh as Ryder kisses my cheek.

"C'mon Luna! We gotta keep playing!" I see the slightly frustrated look on Marcus's face and I try not to laugh.

"I'll be there in a minute!" I say while throwing the ball to one of the older kids. After they catch it I turn around in Ryder's arms and bury my face in his muscular chest.

"What are you doing here?"

"Is there a rule that says I can't visit my beautiful mate just because?" A full blown grin makes its way across my face at the boyish smile on his face.

"Of course there's no rule like that. I was just wondering since you said that you would be really busy today. I didn't expect to see you till later."

"We finished earlier than expected so I decided to come see what you were doing."

"Some of the children asked me to play with them, so that's what I was doing. I thought it would be better than sitting around at home."

"You're an amazing Luna. I'm so proud of you and how well you were able to bond with the pack. Everyone adores you," Ryder says before pressing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Luna! I thought you said you were coming back! Ew! Why is alpha eating your face? I'll save you!" Ryder and I pull away just as Marcus launches himself onto Ryder's leg.

"Alpha wasn't eating Luna's face! He was just kissing her!" Abigail says with an eye roll and her hands on her small hips.

"My mommy and daddy kiss all the time! I know what kissing is! Alpha was eating Luna's face!" Marcus answers with a glare. He's still holding onto Ryder's pant leg and I can't help but laugh a little. I bend down slightly and grab Marcus off Ryder's leg before I place him on my hip. He instantly snuggles in my chest while wrapping his small arms around my neck.

"I love you Luna." More of the kids start coming over and joining the hug. Ryder stands off to the side with a look of pride on his face.

"I love Luna more!"

"No, I love Luna more!"

"Luna loves me the most!" I laugh as the kids continue to fight over who loves me more and who I love more.

"Guys, I love all of you equally, ok?"

"She just doesn't want to hurt your feelings, she loves me the most," Abigail says with a smirk.

"Abigail!" I try to keep a serious look on my face, but I can't help but smile at her cuteness.

"What? It's the truth. It's better that everyone knows that now," she says while pushing some people out of the way to get closer to me. I look at Ryder with a smile but I quickly drop it when I see that he has a frown on his face. I'm about to say something when I hear a loud boom.

I quickly wrap my arms around as many kids as I can and then pull them to the ground. Ryder has gone into a protective stance and he's looking around the area with hard eyes.

A few seconds later a flustered looking Chris comes over to us.

"A bomb just went off in your house!" It takes a few seconds for me to understand what he said, but as soon as I understand, I get up and start running towards the houses. I stumble a little bit because of the children who are crowding around me, but I keep going.