Chapter 11

I know, I am horrible for the lack of updates, but I hope this chapter makes up for it? It's spring break so hopefully I get can some chapters in while I have the time for it! Enjoy and thanks for the patience! <3

Chapter 11

                “So what you’re trying to tell me is that you’ve never been to a party before?” Jace asked for the third time since we’ve gotten onto the topic.

                I narrowed my eyes over at him menacingly. “No, I haven’t.” I snapped. “What’s the big deal anyways? Why would I even want to go to a party filled with drunk, sex crazed teenagers?”

                Jace chuckled, his eyes gleaming with amusement as he stared back at me. “You sound like an old grandmother.” He teased, flicking my nose with his index finger as I shot him a murderous glare. “You should come to the party that Ryan’s having at his house tonight. It’ll be fun.”

                “Should I even attempt to trust your definition of ‘fun’?” I questioned.

                “Do you try to hurt my feelings intentionally?” Jace asked sarcastically, rolling his eyes. “Just come. I’m pretty sure Ryan’s already invited Julianne, too.”

                I recall Julianne mentioning something about a party earlier this week, but the memory seems a bit hazy to me. “I’ll go if Julianne goes.” I finally came to a reasonable agreement.

                “Oh, but you won’t go if I go?” Jace teased, pressing his palms against his chest to feign pain. “You know, you’re really starting to make my chest hurt, princess.”

                Using the back of my hand, I slapped him across the shoulder with as much force as I could.

*

                I ended up calling Julianne later that day and it turned out that she had every intention of attending Ryan’s party. I wasn’t surprised, though, since it seems as if Julianne has been slowly developing a profound liking for Ryan.

                “You’ve put in a lot of effort into your choice of clothing for just a party.” I joked as Julianne came by with her parent’s car later that night. “Are you trying to impress someone, Julianne?”

                Julianne became very flustered; her cheeks turning evidently red even in the darkness. “N-no.” she stammered, keeping her eyes on the road.

                “Really?” I asked, eyeing Julianne’s lilac purple dress that we bought together at the mall months ago. Julianne fell in love with the dress the second she saw it hanging on a rack and insisted on buying it even though it was priced a bit on the higher-end spectrum. At first, I thought she was ridiculous for even thinking about buying such a simple dress for that kind of money, but when she tried it on in the fitting room, I understood why she loved it so much. The soft purple contrasted against Julianne’s blonde hair beautifully and the chiffon fabric hemmed just a few inches above the knee, revealing just enough skin. “I’m sure Ryan’s going to drop dead once he sees you in your dress. You look really great.”

                “You think so?” she whispered, biting her lower lip as she struggled to find a parking spot, weaving her car around the other’s hoarding near the driveway connected to Ryan’s house. “I’ve never been to a party before. I’m kind of nervous.”

                I laughed as Julianne finally pulled her car into a vacant spot, killing the engine of the car. “We can be nervous together.” I joked, since it was also my first time attending a party.