The Palace

Americas POV

One week later

My mom and I where dressing the twins in there nicest dress cloths. Ahren was wearing a mini suit and my heart clenched. He looked so much like his father. And Eadlyn looked so elegant. Like a princess...
After they where dressed, I went to my room and found the drawer I kept all my stuff from the selection. And pulled out the letters. The letters Maxon wrote me. I don't know why I kept them, they just make me miss him more. But whenever I get nervous, something about his words calmed me down. There was one line I read over and over agin.
'I love you America,
Yours forever
Maxon'
I ran my thumb over his writing as tears started running down my cheeks.
I also pulled out the bracelet that he got me from New Asia. He was on the other side of the world and something about this bracelet made him think of me. I need to get rid of all these reminders of him. After all he was married. I will always have a piece of him, in the twins.
I wipe the tears off my face and stand up and leave the room. Eadlyn and Ahren were running around wrinkling their clothes. I laugh as they begin running toward me. They cling to my legs and I smile.
" Mommy" Ahren says, wanting me to pick him up.
I pick him up and smooth out his suit jacket, trying to get the wrinkles out.
"You look so handsome" I whispered to Ahren.
" And you look extremely lovely" I told Eadlyn.
"Are you ready to go" I ask them both.
They both shake there head enthusiastically.
" Okay then" I say while putting Ahren down.
I go to my room and grab my violin. When I'm about to leave the room my mom comes in and closes the door.
"America what are you thinking."
"I don't know mom."
"What if someone finds out about the twins!"
"We will just have to hope that they don't."
"America you can't go!"
"To late mom, I already said that I would."
"Well you can at least leave the twins here."
"I told Kriss I would bring them."
"What if the twins find out who there father was!"
"Mom, there two years old!"
I never told the twins who there father was. Mostly because they where to young to understand. I don't even know if I will ever tell them. What if they wanted to live with him and not me. What if they got mad that I kept it a secret. But right know they where to young to even understand.
"I just don't think you should go."
"It's ok mom, I'll be fine the twins will be fine and I'm going to the palace. No matter what you say."
I left the room with my violin and grabbed the twins and went out side.
There was a car waiting in the driveway. I opened the door and put the twins in there car seats.
I got in the car and closed the door and buckled my seat belt. And left for the one place I never thought I would go agin.
The Illea palace.

1 hour later

We arrived at the palace right as the party was starting.
I walked through the large palace doors a familiar feeling.
I walked into the Great Room and saw Kriss surrounded by other past Selection contestants. I tried to walk in the other direction but she saw me.
"America!" She yelled calling me over
I grabbed Ahren and Eadlyn's hands and have them walk with me.
I go over to Kriss and all the other girls surround me and hug me and Ahren starts to cry.
I bend down and pick him up. Eadlyn is clinging to my leg.
"Oh my gosh, America they are so beautiful are they yours." Tiny ask.
"Thank you", I say "and yes they are."
"How have you been America." Elise ask
"Great, Eadlyn and Ahren are my life." I say.
"Speaking of your kids ..." Kriss starts
My body froze. I was scared she was going to ask who there father was or where he was.
"There are two maids waiting to watch them while you sing in your old room."
I let out a sigh of relief.
"Okay that's great. When do want we to start singing"
"Well Maxon is going to be here soon, so in about 10 minutes" Kriss says.
"Okay I'll go take them to the maids and come back and sing."
"Ok bye America" Kriss says and goes back to talking to the other girls
I put Ahren down and took the twins hands and walk out of the room.
I head to my old room I remember exactly where it was at.
I opened the door and saw my old maid Mary I let go of the twins hands and ran to her and hugged her "Mary!"
"Lady America!" Mary said hugging me back.
Mary was the only one of my maids who still worked at the palace. Lucy retired when she married Aspen. And then there was Anne. Anne had died in the rebel attack. Which only added to the pain I felt after the Selection.
Then I noticed the other maid I instantly recognized her.
"Marlee!" I laughed and ran to her and gave her the biggest hug I have ever given someone.
"Hello America" Marlee says.
"How have you guys been" I asked Mary and Marlee
"Good" they say in unison
"But we are better now that you are here" Marlee adds.
I go over to the door frame where Eadlyn and Ahren where standing confused. I picked Eadlyn up and took Ahren's hand and walked back over to Mary and Marlee.
"America..." Marlee said.
"Are they ... Maxon's" Mary whispered
Just as I guessed someone guessed my secret. I froze. But I could trust Marlee and Mary.
"Yes" I said. "But please don't tell anyone. Not even Maxon"
"He doesn't know!" Marlee whispered.
"No... and he's not going to find out. Promise?
"Promise." They both said
"And also don't mention it to them" I said gesturing to the twins.
They nodded there heads.
"I should probably go."
I go over to the twins and bend down so that we are at eye level.
"Hi angles" I say
They both smile
"I have to go. But these lovely ladies are going to watch you until I get back"
They both frown
"But I will be right back I promise"
I pull them in for a hug and kiss both of there foreheads.
"I love you guys" I say
"We love you to mommy" Eadlyn says
I smile at her and begin to exit the room. I wave good bye and close the door.
'I hope there okay' I think to myself. They don't really like new people
I enter the Great Room and go onto the stage and prepare for my songs.
As I'm about to start singing, I survey the crowd. And then I freeze
There standing on the other side of the room was Maxon, looking at me
And then our eyes meet.
I look away after a second and start my first song.

Authers Note
I hope you guys enjoyed the story. Sorry it took so long to wright this. Things are going to start to get better. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Also disclaimer I don't own the Selection Keira Cass does
~ Alison 🤓✌️🤘✌️
QOTD: would you marry Maxon
AOTD: No because Maxerica