Thirster 2467: 24.

Marilyn jolts awake and is startled by her mess. Blood is everywhere. She forgot about her wounded arm and moves it but stops when she feels the dull pain. She keeps it close to her chest while she slowly helps herself up. 

She looks into the mirror and her makeup melted from crying and sweating so much yesterday. She goes into her bedroom and grabs a plain t-shirt and ties it together. She puts it through her head and rests it on her shoulder. She puts her arm through it so it can rest without her moving it. 

Marilyn made a cheap cloth immobilizer for her arm so she doesn't have to move it when she cleans the bathroom. She wets a towel and scrubs the floor, collecting the blood off the tiles. After she cleans the cabinets the best she can because the blood stained them. When she finished she tossed the towels into the garbage can and the bandages she used for her wound last night.

When the bathroom was clean, Marilyn decides to take a shower. She slowly takes off her dress and strips so she can shower. She cleans the dried blood stained on her body with soap then rinses herself off with warm water. Every time water hit the wound she would grit her teeth together because it hurt. 

After she goes into her room and puts on fresh comfortable clothing for the day. She still can't believe that they shot her and tried to kill her. That's how badly they wanted her away from the Area. She puts back the 'immobilizer' on her after dressing her wound again with bandages. 

The sun was up and it shined through the window. She looks outside and stares out at the City's skyline. Pedestrians look like little ants from above and the cars looked like little fake toy ones. She thinks about yesterday then she remembers the tape in her bag. 

Marilyn dumps everything out of her bag that's on her couch and the last thing that falls out is the tape. She holds it in her hand, running her fingers across the date written on it. She can give the cure to every vampire in the Area. It'll be hard for most of them to agree on taking it but she'll make sure most of them will take it. Plus Pierce. He can be human again. 

She finds her cell phone and skims through her contacts before finding Lee's name. Maybe Lee can help her out with this. There can be a slight chance Lee will side with her. The line rings for a couple of seconds before someone picks it up.

"Marilyn, oh my goodness you're okay." She hears Lee's worried voice. Marilyn looks down at her arm before grinning. 

"Not really but you need to hear me out."

"What's the matter, is everything okay? They said they hit you but didn't know if you'd survive."

"Luckily I did but don't worry about me." She pauses and hears Lee sigh on the other line.

"Then what do you need?"

"Lee listen to me, Dr. Sammis has been hiding something for years and I just found what it was yesterday."

"Marilyn, you need to end this right now. If you push yourself further into this trouble you will get yourself killed."

"Dammit just listen to me!" I scream through the phone and the other line goes silent. "Can you please come here, I-I feel like they're recording our conversation and I don't feel safe."

"You know I can't. If I come to you they'll think I'm working with you and I can't be the bad guy."

"I'm not the bad guy Lee. They're the bad guys and you're working for them. Dr. Sammis has a room that I've never been in until yesterday."

"What?" I bite my bottom and I look down at the tape. I'm afraid they'll hear our conversation but I take a deep breath, not caring anymore.

"There's a cure for vampirism, Lee. I-I have a tape of a vampire becoming human again. All those samples and years of trying to find a cure has already been found but have been kept as a secret."

"Marilyn do you hear yourself?"

"I took one of the tapes. I went into a room Dr. Sammis always keeps locked and there's vile's in a fridge of the cure. He just never shared it because he wants them all to die. He wants to kill them for revenge. Just because they killed his daughter." The line goes silent and Marilyn waits to get a response. "Please Lee you have to trust me on this one. I told you I won't give and I didn't. I found something that can change vampires. That can change Pierce." 

"Okay, okay. I'll confront him." 

"No you have to be careful than that." 

"I don't know what to do then!"

"Have a talk with Agent Doloman. Tell him and see if he'll do anything about it. Please." 

"Okay I'll get back to you soon."

"Thank you." Marilyn hangs up and hopes for the best.

Lee scans her card and goes through the entrance when the door opens. She marches her way into the room where Thirster 2467 is being locked in. Many scientists are watching him being tortured, blood spewing out of the large gash across his stomach. Two scientists have him strapped down on a stretcher, examining his organs. 

He laid there in silence, too weak to move or know what's going on. She looks away and sees Dr. Sammis watching through the window with an amused smile. Behind him is Agaent Doloman with two guards on each side. She approaches him and grabs his attention. 

"May I please speak to you privately." She whispers when he takes off the glasses and hands them to one of the guards. Dr. Sammis turns around and looks at her suspiciously but she doesn't make eye contact with him. She doesn't want him to follow or ask what's the matter.

"Sure, let's go to my office." Agent Doloman says and they make their way out of the room alone. When they reach his office he let's her in first and shuts the door behind him. 

"Before you get angry or want me to leave I need to tell you something about Marilyn."

"What happened?" He asks with concern in his voice. He leans on his desk and looks down at Lee who's sitting on a chair. 

"When she was here yesterday she found out that Dr. Sammis found a cure for vampirism years ago but never told anyone." He stares at her with dull eyes before shrugging. 

"Impossible he would have told me."

"He didn't though and she was in the room where there's vile's of the cure and tapes of him examining them on vampires who soon became human. Doloman if this is true this changes the whole game of us torturing them and killing them. They can be human and if we synthesis this to larger amounts we can basically cure every vampire in the whole world." He sighs walking back and forth, wondering what to do.

"Should I bring Dr. Sammis is here? You know she can be lying."

"No!" She snaps but then calms when he takes a step back. "Don't tell him. How about we bring Marilyn here. She can tell us where she found them and if she is lying we can kick her back out. I promise I'll never contact her again." Agent Doloman thinks about it while staring down at the ground. 

They almost killed the damn girl yesterday and now Lee is saying that they should bring her here to explain? How about if this is all a trick just so she can free that vampire she's obsessed with. 

"Fine, I'll inform the guards that you'll bring her here." She stands up and sighs.

"Thank you so much."

"You better not be lying."

"Trust me okay? Don't tell Sammis."

"Will do. Now get out." 

~~~~~

Almost done!!!! A couple of chapters left. Maybe two or three!

vote

comment

follow me :)