Chapter 20: Graduating and Caught

Ok so this time skip is really large but I'm trying to wrap up the story so.. 😂💕

*3 years later, college graduation*

- THOMAS' POV -
Oh my God. It's graduation day. And I'm proposing to the love of my life.

Alex is valedictorian, can't say I'm surprised. I got our friends to persuade him to call me up during his speech, and he finally agreed. I'm so proud of him.

These past 4 years have changed us. Alex only goes to therapy for 30 minutes once a week instead of 2 days for an hour. James and Angelica are getting married in 3 weeks. Peggy and John are already looking at houses to buy, and Lafayette and Hercules are moving to France for a year.

And I'm proposing.

All those years ago, I have Alex a promise ring when we went on our official first date. He almost cried. I have a feeling he might lose it up at that podium.

We're all going to the Washingtons' for a final huzzah brunch. The ceremony is at 1:30 pm. Right now, Alex is putting on his suit and tie and grabbing his cap and gown.

"Ready, love?" I ask, straightening my tie. He nods and gives me a kiss on the cheek. We leave and get in my car, all our boxes from the dorm in my trunk. I kiss him again and start the short drive to his adopted parents house.

We arrive 10 minutes later, and get out of the car. Angelica, Eliza, Peggy, Maria, James, John, Herc and Laf are sitting outside in a gazebo, drinks in hand. Angie is trying to keep track of Jasmine: she just turned 3 and has so much energy.

"Guys!" Eliza calls, waving. She runs over to us, wearing her signature light blue color in a knee length dress. We hug her and greet everyone else. These people are hardly friends to us anymore; they're family. George and Martha walk out and hug us as well.

"Aww, my boys are all grown up!" Martha coos, smiling, but with tears glistening in her eyes.

"Mama, how are you gonna hold up during the actual graduation if you're crying now?" Alex asks, laughter laced in his words. He's even more gorgeous than he was in freshman year, if that's even possible. I sling my arm around his still small shoulders and smile.

"Ready to eat, everyone?" George asks and there are cheers in response. We walk to the kitchen and are hit with the smell of pancakes, bacon, biscuits, sausage and much more. I even see crepes! Laf must've brought those. We pile up our plates and go back to the gazebo outside, set with a table and chairs to accompany everyone. I plop in a seat next to Alex, and smile at him devouring his food. I still have to force him to eat sometimes, but he's doing better.

Peggy gives me a look across the table. Everyone except Alex, obviously, knows of my plan to propose. I assume Peggy's glare is telling me to treat him right. I nod at her and smirk a little.

The group talks about all the dumb things we did through our college years, pausing occasionally to watch Jasmine play with her food and attempt to eat it, only to fail.

"Remember when Alex started a huge prank war between us and Kings group and it lasted over a week?" Herc laughs. I remember that quite clearly: it was our 3rd year, and King pissed Alex off somehow, so Alex put green hair dye in his shampoo. For days on end, I'd come to the dorm from classes and hear Alex screaming, or see messes everywhere. I turn to him and see him blushing and laughing at the memory. We, and him included, know he won that prank war.

"How bout when Eliza set the stove on fire trying to make crepes for Laf's birthday, the day before the school year started in our 2nd year?" Eliza blushed madly. We were trying to have a surprise breakfast for Lafs birthday, which was the day before class began. Eliza was in charge of making crepes, and somehow she got distracted and they caught on fire. It was quite an ordeal. It didn't do any damage, but when people came up to see why the fire alarm went off, they weren't happy.