Taehyung

At least until it happened.

Continuation from previous chapter's flashbacks.

"Hey Tae! The second part of the Amazing Captain Kook is pretty good. Are you still working on the next still?" "Yup!" Tae furiously sketched in his notebook as Jiwon laughed. "You're like a total pro!" "Haha just you wait this part's almost over!" "So what happens to Captain Kook?" "You'll see!" Taehyung stook out his tongue in concentration.

A man in a suit slowly made his way over to the kids. "Kim Taehyung!" Both boys sat up straight, except Tae started to sweat nervously. "You're drawing comics." Taehyung turned his head around as Jiwon stared at them, both scared for Taehyung and angry at the man to interrupt their session. "Ah..dad."

"I was wondering what you were doing everyday afterschool." He grabbed Taehyung wrist and pulled him off the bench. "You're coming home right now!" "I-I'm sorry." Jiwon sat on the bench, silently watching how his friend was being dragged by force to the apartments. "Taetae..."

At the Kim Residence
"I TOLD YOU TO STUDY DIDN'T I?!!" Ripped sketches scattered around the ground in Taehyung's room and he silently wept. If it weren't for his mother dragging his father out of his room, he would've been severely punished. "YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE A LIVING OUT OF THIS SHIT?!"

"Dear please stop." His mother placed her hands on his chest and tried to find ways to calm this dude down. "How did he turn out like that anyways?!" He glanced down at Mrs.Kim who only sighed wearily. "SUCH A USELESS BOY!" Taehyung kept crying as he let his father's word plunge once more into his frail heart. 'When will father ever be proud of me?'

The following day he met up with Jiwon again at the park. "TaeTae are you okay? Did you get scolded a lot?" Taehyung stayed silent until he looked up at Kookie with tears. "Kookie am I really useless?" Jiwon grabbed Tae's hands and kissed them. "Says who? No Tae, you're special. Your very being makes me want to live."

Jiwon gave a huge smile before Tae grinned. "Really?" "Of course!~" Taehyung pulled down his mask as his tears returned. "You have more scars. Your mom is bad too she always hits you." Jiwon's eyes clouded with sadness, he didn't want Tae to worry for him. His mom loved him, right? "No my mother is just going through a rough time right now."

Taehyung sighed as Jiwon tugged on his shirt, realizing that the younger boy needed a hug right now. He wrapped his arms around the frail boy nodding his head waiting for Jungkook to continue to talk. "When dad was around she was happy. She was always nice and very kind to me as well. If I'm good, she'll smile again like before!" Jiwon's eyes lit up like christmas lights as Taehyung smiled sadly. "I hope she does."

At the Apartments
A young man with silver hair made his way down the third floor's hallways. His black shoes tapped the ground as he fixed the ends of his suit. He pushed the button to a certain apartment. "Who is it?" A young lady asked from inside the apartment.

She opened the door to reveal a couple, the man had a smirk on his face as for the lady she kept her arms wrapped around his arm, showing her cleavage to the other lady. "D-dear..." She gasped and clenched her fists together. Jungkook's father stood there in all his glory before shoving an envelope into her chest.

"I told you to sign the papers already. Why don't you do as I say? Tch, you even made me walk all the way here." Jungkook's mother broke down in tears while the man smiled in satisfaction. "How could you? How could you bring that woman here?" The envelope fell making the divorce papers fall out.

"This is your last chance. Sign it and send it to me." The man ran his hand through his hair before sighing. "I told you that I'd be generous with the alimony.* You can't live witout my money after all, huh slut? Even if you refuse to divorce, me I'll never return here again. Because I'm going to live with her." He pulled the lady into a kiss before pulling away. "And I stopped by to say that." As if Jungkook's mom didn't recieve enough stabs to the heart, she watched the couple leave. 

In the evening
"So my friend yesterday at school.." Both boys were walking home together, exhausted after today's activities. They stopped dead in their tracks as people headed towards the forming crowd in the parking lot. "I was just walking by when I heard a thud. It was creepy!"

"Isn't that the creepy woman from the 3rd floor?" The crowd's murmurs grew louder as both boys walked closer to the crime scene. "Oh my children shouldn't be watching this!" Jiwon's eyes widened as his body grew stiff. His mother layed on the ground, blood crowing her once lovely brown hair as a peaceful look was on her face.

Jiwon fell back startling Taehyung. "Kookie!" "M-mom..?" Jiwon's pained voice trembled as his eyes started to get teary. "MOM!!" Everything went in a flash. Paramedics had finally arrived, taking Jiwon away. Apparently, Jiwon's mother had been suffering from severe depression due to her husband's affair, until she had taken her own life.

Jiwon was scared to have seen his mother in such a way that he was sent immediately to the hospital. "Go in sweetie." Taehyung's mother who took Taehyung to the hospital followed him to Jiwon's room. "Go in and make him happy." Taehyung hurriedly opened the door watching Jiwon look out the window. "K-kookie..Are you okay?"

Jiwon kept staring out the window, unfazed to know that his best friend was in the room. "Tae..My mother she..my mom." He gripped the sheets and turned to look at Tae before bringing his gaze down. "It's all my fault. I should've been better. Because of me she.." Jiwon's voice cracked letting out a pained sob.

"My dad abandoned me..and now my mom isn't either..I'm...now I'm." Tears fell down both boys faces before Taehyung jumped up and onto Jiwon's bed, bringing him into one of his favorite bear hugs. "It's not because of you!" "I'm scared. I'm scared, Tae." He held onto his sweater and raised his head. "I'm scared to be left alone!!" Jiwon brought his face towards Tae's neck.

"I'm here. I'll be by your side. It's okay. It's going to be okay Kookie. It's okay." Taehyung brought his hand up to caress the back of Jiwon's head as he kissed the top of his head. That day was ths only day Taehyung watched Jiwon cry in front of him for the longest.

Days passed and Taehyung would visit him at the hospital since Jiwon would suffer from anxiety attacks every once in a while making Tae worry. Slowly, Jiwon was making somw progress and was getting better.

"I'll come again tomorrow! Right after school! You have to hang in til then okay!" "Okay!" "Don't start crying because you miss me too much! I'm off! Goodnight Kookie!~" Taehyung left the room with a determined look on his face unaware of a certain man's presence at the door. With a smirk on his face he entered his son's room.

The next day
Taehyung jumped all the way to Jiwon's room, openinv the door with his famous boxy smile. "Kook! At school today I-" He stopped and gazed at the empty bed. From that day on Tae never saw Kookie ever again.

End of the never ending flashback

Taehyung's P.O.V.
I banged on Jungkook's door harshly. I needed answers now and I'm not leaving til I had them. "YAH JEON! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!" I knocked softer and sighed. "Please...open the door!" I lowered myself against his door, bringing my head to my hands. "Damn it all."

Jeon are you really Jiwon? My kookie? If it's really you then why'd you keep it a secret from me? Why didn't you ever try to tell me? Is this what you wanted me to remember? There's so many things I want to ask you. "Damn it! What am I supposed to do?" I raised my head slowly. "Right? Maybe in my dreams.."

To be continued...