Training Room

Faith pulled a fast one on Buffy and somehow managed to sweep her feet out from under her. 

Buffy hit the mat hard forcing the air out of her lungs from the impact as she looked up at Faith and gasped out “I think that’s enough for me today.”

“Sorry B” Faith reached down and grabbed Buffy’s forearm to help pull her to her feet.

Buffy waved her off “It’s alright Faith.” She gingerly walked over to the bench and grabbed a towel to wipe the sweat running down her face “by the way that was a great move.” She walked back over to Faith, handed a couple of water bottles to her before setting hers down on the floor.

“Thanks, Umm in my backpack Fred put some bananas and some energy bars for us to have after our workout.”

"I’m about starved” Buffy walked over and grabbed the backpack. “Your girlfriend is such a sweetheart.” She quickly finished the first energy bar “I’d have to say you are one lucky woman to have her.”

Faith looked over at Buffy "Yeah. Hard to fuckin' believe. I told her my whole sordid story, everything I did in my life, including the shit I put you guys through…" Faith trails off momentarily before finishing. "She still loves me."

Buffy reaches out and places her hand on the slayer's arm. "Don't keep beating yourself up about what happened, Faith. We all made mistakes. I'm as much to blame as you are."

Faith nodded her head in agreement, “When I found out your mom passed away I felt real bad. Your mom was one cool lady. “Even after what I did to Mrs. S she never stopped caring about me. That’s a class act in my book.”

“I remember mom telling me she’d wished you had stayed with us when you first got to Sunnydale instead of that flea ridden motel.”

Buffy saw Faith rummage through the backpack and asked, “Could you toss me another energy bar?” 

Faith tossed one to her she opened it, took a couple of bites out of it before she grabbed her water bottle, and took a drink. 

She ate the last of the energy bar as she thought about how crazy it had been for all of them before she said, “my mom really felt bad about that.”  

Faith grabbed another one as she said, “I don’t know if it’d made a difference B I was so fucked up in the head after what happened in Boston with my Watcher getting killed.”

“Oh God I can’t imagine what you went through Faith. I just wish I wasn’t such a bitch to you either” 

“Yeah well and Fred keeps telling me not to worry about what we did or should have done." Faith quietly replied, “It's really boggles my mind how much she really loves me.”

Buffy chuckled “yeah well I think it looks good on you and I don’t remember any time when I’ve seen you this happy as you are right now.”

Faith got up from the floor and walked over to the fridge “Do you want another bottle of water?”

“No but is there any cokes in there?” Buffy asked.

“Yep there are several cans” as she reached in and grabbed a couple of them along with a bottle of water for herself before she walked back over to the blonde slayer. “Here you go B” 

“Thanks F.”

The two women sat quietly for a few minutes, each lost in their own thoughts about the past and what their future holds.