21

Santiago

I opened the door to my home, shrugging out of my jacket as soon as I made it inside.

Why didn't it have more of an effect on me?

I'd come to the conclusion that I was just blowing off steam. Everything I'd done, I'd done it because I was mad.

I should've felt worse about it, but I didn't even feel the slightest bit bad.

I knew Alessandra was cheating. If she got to sneak around, it was beyond me as to why I wouldn't be able to do the same thing.

Maybe, it would've been better for my morality if I wouldn't have let Adora in. Maybe, it would've been better if I wouldn't have even glanced at her.

Maybe it would've been better if I wouldn't have fucked her.

It's not like it was illegal; it wasn't.

Or at least it wasn't now.

I walked into the kitchen and braced my palms on the countertop, closing my eyes.

Don't think about it Santiago.

Don't think about-

"Hi."

I looked up and frowned when I saw Alessandra standing at the base of the staircase, clothed in a silk robe. "Busy day today?"

You have no idea.

"It was okay," I muttered, walking over to the cabinet to grab a glass. I desperately needed a drink.

"Need something to cheer you up?"

I lifted an eyebrow as soon as I finished pouring my alcohol. I hadn't even noticed what I'd poured. It was dark, and I didn't necessarily care. Whatever drink would work.

She dropped her silk robe and it pooled around her feet, revealing her near naked body. I nonchalantly nodded, taking a sip of my drink, which happened to be whiskey. "Cute."

"Papí," she pouted, "you can't stay mad at me forever."

"I'm not mad," I said, brushing off her attempt to get my senses awakened.

"Then what are you?" She asked, "are you... tired of me, are you... sex deprived? You can take it out on me, and you know you can. I've always been around to do whatever you want me to do."

She looked up at me, her bottom lip in between her teeth.

"I don't want you to suck me off," I blatantly declined, knitting my brows together as I shook my head.

"Well what do you want? A man wants that at all times of the day, doesn't he?"

"I don't want that at all. I don't want to think about fucking you at the moment."

Liar.

"Well can I do anything to change that?" She asked, smiling up at me.

"Yeah, the exact opposite of everything you're doing now."

"So go put on clothes, go-"

"I don't want sex, Alessandra. I'm tired."

"Well that's no excuse," she muttered, "because, remember when you first started your business? Gosh, the work days were long. And one day you got home late and I was sitting on the couch, and you said you needed sex? You needed me, you needed my mouth? Where did those days go?"

"The same place the past ten years went. Away," I deadpanned, "I was young. My body was wired differently."

"You're not tired, you're drinking. You're stressed. I know how to fix that."