His Story

These feelings I have for Gin, is it real? We only knew of each other for a short time.

He held out the stick for me again, and I accepted his offer. We started walking again. But there was some movements behind some trees. It caught my attention and I froze on the spot.

There was another forest spirit, staring at us, it was big black blobby-like, with one eye.

"Gin.." the spirit slowly approached us from its hiding spot and I flinched, "is that a human child?"

"Yes, she's a human child..?" Gin turned to face the spirit.

"You shouldn't be too close to her, you'll disappear.." the spirit was concerned for Gin.

"Don't worry," Gin's voice sounds reassuring,"she won't touch me.."

His voice sounded sad, and my heart was aching for some reason.

With that being said, the spirit turned and warned me," human don't touch Gin's skin.. I will eat you.." with those frightful departing words, he slowly faded away like he wasn't there to begin with.

The sun was setting, and we settled down to camp near a lake. I picked some near by dry woods to make a campfire. Gin was fishing again, and caught a few. He gave them to me, so I put them on the sticks over the fire.

"Gin, can you tell me about yourself?" I curiously asked.

"You want to know me?" Gin sounded surprise.

"Of course, you're a good spirit who is leading me home. I want to tell everyone about my experience!" I sat down in front of the fire 3 feet next to him.

"I'm not a spirit. But, I'm no longer human. It seems like I was once a human, but when I was a baby, I was abandoned in this forest. I'd only just been abandoned, so I cried helplessly as if to call back the parents who left me. They say I didn't stop crying for a long time. I should've died then, but the mountain God appeared and cast a spell that allowed me to continue living. So that I never move on. I'm like a ghost. (Y/N), it's okay if you forget about me. A body that's maintained by magic is very weak. If it touches a real human body, the spell will break and the body will disappear. It's such a fragile thing."

As he finished his story, there were fresh tears falling. I couldn't stop them, and I sob quietly at his heartbreaking story. He noticed me crying, and gazed my way. He reached out a hand towards me, but stop as he remembered he's not supposed to have any skin contact with humans. He withdraw his hand, and kept gazing at me.

"I-I'm sorry, G-gin.." I managed to say between sobs, and I started hiccuping.

"Why?" Gin sounded confused, but he didn't look away, "why would you cry for me? It's been such a long time.." He now tilting his head curiously waiting for an answer.

"It may have been a long time for you, but just imaging being abandoned by the people who's suppose to cherish your existence, nourishment and protect you.. I'm sorry, it just made me feeling sad.." I explained my reasoning.

"Anii, it's best if you forget about me.." Gin's voice was soft and gentle, but a hint of loneliness and saddness.

"Gin, don't forget about me because I know I won't be able to forget you," I looked up at him between tears.

Gin was slightly silent before he start again, "(Y/N), thank you.."

I looked up at Gin, drying my eyes. He had taken off his mask, and my eyes widen and started crying again as he, too, had shed tears. I couldn't help myself as I have forgotten that he wasn't suppose to touch humans as I got up, and embraced him warmly accepting him in my arms.

I love you, Gin.. I love you.. truly.. I'm aware of my feelings now.. I don't care if we only knew of each other's existance a few days ago. I won't abandon you and my feelings for you.

SIDE NOTE: The story of mine is made up, except for the story Gin told about himself, which is in the movie. The little blobby-like spirit is also in the movie, but I made up some of the lines for this guy and some are from the movie. ❤