Chapter 35: Athena's Return

Chapter 35

Agents were inside a small New York apartment. They had been assigned to watch over the great Captain America after the disappearance of Athena Stark in Greece. It had been months since her disappearance hit her father most of all, Tony Stark. He was restless looking for any clue or that would lead him to his daughter. SHIELD was doing everything in its power to find their missing agent in the Greek mountains.

Months went on, and Tony Stark was more at peace out of the blue, which raised confused thoughts in SHIELD. Director Fury himself, questioned him in his sudden calmness in trying to find his daughter. All Tony could answer was that he had a dream that his daughter was in paradise, safe and sound, and would soon be returning to him. Director Fury had looked at Tony intensively that day, but his search for the missing goddess did not stop. He had other projects keeping him busy besides finding one of the memebers of the future Avengers team. SHIELD was also busy in making Phase Two happen. They had brought Erik Selvig into the project to study the tessaract, while another team was heavily looking for the Goddess.

Steve Rogers sat in a small table looking out of his apartment window as the two agents had been interrupted by a call. The captain looked over to them seeing it was something serious and that they probably had to leave.

"In Greece, what happened?"

Steve now had his attention peaked. He knew that Athena had disappeared during a mission in Greece, and he missed seeing her everyday to learn a new lesson with her.

"Should I get Mr. Stark? Yes sir, thank you."

"What was that?" The other agent asked.

"We're going to Greece, Agent Starkenios has been found."

Steve rose from the table, "Miss Stark has been found?"

"Yes Captain, now if you'll excuse us, we have a mission in Greece."

Steve nodded and the agents left his apartment. He smiled to himself, he was glad that Athena had been found and hope she was well. He also secretly desired to see her again.

•••

"Everyone brace yourselves!" Called Agent Phil Coulson.

He was currently leading a team to rescue Athena from an undiscovered cave, where she was currently buried in. An agent had discovered a hand sticking out from underneath the rocks and reported to the nearby SHIELD base. Phil lead a team to investigate and found that the DNA that forensics was able to collect was Athena's. Minor quakes and winds in the area also confirmed it was her.

"What the hell was that!" Director Fury came to Phil's side, "how often does this happen Coulson?"

"Every half hour sir," he responded.

"How close are we to getting her out? Stark is on his way and will rain down hell fire once he sees where his daughter has been buried the last couple of months!"

"We are doing everything that is in our hands to get her out safely, but it's impossible with every 30 minute quake burying her deeper." Coulson told Fury.

"How did she managed to get buried amongst all of that rock? Is my question," Fury examined the cave where Athena was buried.

"Guess we'll find out," Coulson said as he saw a car approaching the site, Tony Stark in the passenger seat ready to get out.

"Where is she?" He jogged urgently towards Coulson and Fury.

"She's buried underneath all of that rock," Coulson pointed.