Talking Again.

××

The rest of the team finally reached the medbay, the strides relaxed and slow. They didn't have any excitement or pleasure at the the thought of seeing the gang leader again.

The first thing they noticed was blood, the smell was overbearing and it's crimson color was everywhere.

Immediately weapons were drawn, Kaldur being the first to take a step into the room, his eyes falling on the frames of Batman and Lilian, then on Robin and the blood covered Shadow.

Everyone is unconscious. He concluded at a glance and his stance relaxed.

"Get Canary." The atlantean turned around, his body blocking the view of everyone else as he gave the order to Superboy.

Watching the kryptonian nod and walked away, Artemis raised a brow at their leader. "What's going on?"

Kaldur only stepped aside to show her the carnage behind him.

'The hell?' She stammered as she rushed towards Batman. 'Hey!'

'Get. . . Robin.' The man groaned, his voice strained as he pushed her away, trying to get up. 'I'm fine.'

'You don't look fine!' She didn't move, grabbing his arm to help him stand.

'Artemis,' he gritted his teeth, staggering as his feet hit the floor. 'That was an order, help Robin.'

'At least tell me what happened.' She said after a while, walking to the unconscious bird. 'I though Shadow would never hurt her dear. . .'

'Don't touch him!' Kaldur shouted suddenly, tackling Artemis just as her fingers grazed the boy's arm, the room exploding with blue light as electricity crackled all around them. The atlantean's waterbearers stayed above them, redirecting the flow of the lighting as it surrounded Robin and Shadow protectively.

'Nice save, Kal.' A mocking voice echoed from within the crackling barrier and then the lightning vanished.

'Shadow.' Bruce growled, walking to the girl that stood in front of Robin, her eyes gleaming with sharpness as he grabbed her by the collar. 'What do you think you're doing?'

Her gaze fell to the floor then she met his eyes. 'You need help.'

'Answer the question.' He let go of her and fell to one knee, staring at his son. 'What did you do?'

'He overreacted. . .' Shadow bit her lip, her eyes meeting Artemis' as she turned away. 'He'll be fine.'

'Shadow!' a new voice entered the mix and everyone looked towards the door to see Conner and Black Canary. 'You have a lot of explaining to do, young lady.'

The assassin laughed coldly. "Sure mom."

××
'You know, you have some nerve make me co-leader of the Nightshade.' Dinah started, her gaze narrowed at the humming assassin.

'I made Robin leader too, so it's okay.' Shadow grinned widely, her fingers tapping on the familiar table of the interrogation room she had come to miss.

'Shadow, are you okay?' The heroine asked cautiously.

'Yeah. . .' The thirteen year old answered slowly. 'I'm fine, why?'

'You're smiling.'

'Oh,' Shadow paused, her fingers reaching up to her lip as her eyes lit up with what Dinah thought was joy.

'I didn't notice.' She laughed stiffly.

Canary's mind drew a blank, Shadow was completely different from the suicidal girl she met minutes ago. 'Is something wrong?'