forty

We sat at the table where Gemma was already sitting at, next to a boy I had never seen before.

"Hey, I'm Michal" he said.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Grace" I replied smiling.

"Hey Grace!" Gemma greeted me excitedly, "We need to talk later. It's like, essential."

I looked at her, and she gave me a small nod, showing me that she was talking about exactly what I was thinking she was talking about.

Harry gave us a wary look. "Did you two become friends or something? Because if that's the case, I think I'm scared."

"It's not my fault if you have a cool girlfriend, Harry" Gemma replied, deciding to go along with what he had said not to make him suspect anything.

A waitress came around and took our orders, before going away.

"Before you know it, they'll start ditching us to hang out together" Michal told Harry jokingly.

He let out a small laugh. "I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happened."

"Okay, that's enough" Gemma said, "Grace, restroom now. Come on."

"Are you sure-" I started to ask, but she stopped me midway.

"I said now."

I stood up, my hand touching Harry's arm to excuse myself, and I followed her into the ladies restroom.

"What is it?" I asked her once the door was closed.

"You said we needed to talk."

"Not in the restroom of a restaurant."

She rolled her eyes. "I know that. I'll be at home next week. We can talk then."

"That's great... Was it really that important that you had to tell me now?" I asked her confusedly.

"Of course not! This is about something else." She stopped speaking when a girl came into the restroom and went into one of the stalls.

We waited until the girl came out and washed her hands, giving us a weird look, to which Gemma just responded with a little smile, while going out.

"Louis showed up at my work again."

"Oh" I said, my eyes widened. "What happened?"

"I think he understood that he didn't manage to make you and Harry break up. He wasn't happy" she explained.

"How did he find out?"

"I have no idea, he probably saw you two going somewhere or something. He didn't tell me, he just knew."

"This is a disaster, what's going to happen now?" I said, distress present in my voice.

"That's not the whole thing" she said worriedly, "He didn't seem himself at all. I'm scared."

I felt my heart beat faster into my chest. "Of what?" I dared to ask.

"I think he's going to take the matter into his own hands... Physically. He really was not himself. It was scary to watch."

"Are you saying that he wants to hurt Harry?"

She shook her head. "I think he wants to kill him."

I felt my head spinning at her words. "No no no, there's no way he'd do that."

"We can't tell Harry, Grace. He already has so much to think about. You have to make sure he doesn't get near Harry" she said.

"We have to tell someone, or seek help."