The Talk

America POV

"Wait!" Maxon says.
"America... can we talk"
"I really didn't want to  talk to Maxon. What if he asked me questions I was not prepared to answer. Or what if he was still mad at me for breaking his heart.
But I told myself I could do this.
I turned around and saw Maxon, and for the first time I got a good look at him. He had dark circles under his eyes. His hair was a little bit longer and he was a few inches taller. But his eyes were the same beautiful brown ones that always seemed to sparkle. For a second I forgot how to breath. My heart didn't know what to do. All the feeling I had been trying to hold back for Maxon all came rushing back. Hold it together America. He is with Kriss now. You will always have a piece of him, in the twins, his twins.
I took a deep breath.
"Sure." Is all I said.
He smiled.
"Ok, wonderful. But we can't talk here. Follow me."
I followed Maxon out of the Great Room. What did he have to say that was so important, he couldn't say it around other people. We entered the hallway and Maxon turned to face me.
"So you're a mom."
Great just the way I wanted to start the conversation. The twins.
"Yah, Eadlyn and Ahren are my world."
"Well they are very lovely"
"Thanks."
There was a long pause of silence.
"So how have you been." I ask Maxon
" I'm doing alright." He says with a smile.
"What about you. Are you married."
Great one of the questions I feared the most.
"No."
"Oh... what about that officer guy... Leger."
"He is married."
"Oh."
"Yah he married one of my maids, Lucy."
"Oh... good for him"
"Yah they are perfect for each other"
"What about you."
" I'm probably the only girl in the Selection that is not married. I really only have time for a relationship with Eadlyn and Ahren."
" I hope I'm not over stepping my balance but where is there..."
I didn't even let him finish the sentence before I cut him off.
"Please Maxon... don't."
"You don't even know what I was going to say."
"But I do. And you are about to ask me questions I'm not prepared to answer."
"Sorry America..." He placed a hand on my shoulder and my heart started  fluttering. "I just wanted to make sure you were happy."
"And I am, as happy as a single mom can be."
"Please America... what happened?"
"He is married. So please just leave it at that. You know me, I screw things up."
"Did you love him."
I didn't was to answer that question. If I did I feared it would give away my secret.
"Yes."
The word slipped out. And as soon as it was out I wished I could grab them.
"No. Yes." I said
"Which one is it America."
" I did... I do I can't do this"
I started to walk away. I wanted him to come after me but he didn't. Why would he, he was married and happy.

2 hours later
I was in my old room thinking about all the memories. I looked out at the balcony. Maxon kissed me for the first time over there. The room was exactly the same. Except know there was two cribs for the twins in here. That reminded me that I was not the same girl. I was a mother now.
I heard a knock on the door and got up to answer it.
It was Maxon.
I stepped outside and closed the door.
"Coming here was a mistake." I said
"I knew I wasn't ready to see you agin."
"America I'm sorry for prying into your personal life."
" It's okay, it's just hard to talk about there father."
"Did he leave you."
"No! He never knew about them."
I couldn't take the secrecy anymore I took a deep breath.
"Maxon can't you see... they're yours!"

Authers Note
Dun Dun Dun 😲😲😲 I hope you guys liked it this was probably the hardest chapter to write so far. So I hope I did a good job 👍👎
Thank you for reading
~ Alison 🤓 ✌️🤘✌️

QOTD: besides America who is your favorite Selection girl.
AOTD: Marlee she is amaze-balls