f o r t y

The flood of updates is just me keeping myself busy. I really don't be watching tv or anything. I'm disgusted with this country so writing is my outlet. This book helps out alot.

Also, I have officially decided to do a spinoff with Nia & Adrian. I'll be releasing the cast & prologue soon. I was going back and forth with it because I wanted this to be one book. But, I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not a one book person. I love a good series because it shows growth of the characters.

I really love y'all and the support I get. It truly warms my heart. 😩❤️

Excuse any mistakes

Seattle, Washington
Same day

She needs to stepdown as CEO! She lacked emotional intelligence and refused to walk away. Is that someone you want kids to look up to?

Is it because she's black Tom?

What? Are you kidding me? This has nothing to do with race.

This has everything to do with race. The fight itself was spurred by a racial slur! If Naomi Cartier was white, we would not be condemning her right to defend herself and her dignity. Y'all just shook because black feminism looks alot different than white feminism.

Lauren, you're not making any sense.

Tom, you just lack intelligence to understand what I'm saying.

        Remy turned the tv off in her office, shaking her head as she walked back to her desk. The media was trying their best to tear down Naomi's brand and ruin her name. She decided to go check on her friend, grabbing her phone and coat.

She said a quick prayer for herself, her family and the people she loved before she left her office. Passing by Landon's office, she noticed that he was packing.

      Pausing, she peeked her head inside and furrowed her eyebrows together. "Landon?" He looked up. "What's going on?"

"I'm resigning." He responded.

       Remy's eyes bucked, and she walked further into the room. "What? Why?"

"I'm going to open up my own training facility for athletes." He said while packing one of the boxes. "It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time."

        "Aww." Remy smiled at him. "Good for you, Landon."

He smiled back at her, nodding his head. "Thanks. Heading out for a late lunch?"

     "No, I'm going to go see Naomi."

Landon slowed down his movements, biting the inside of his mouth. "How is she?"

        Remy shrugged lightly. "That's why I'm going to go see her. Over the phone, she can fake it. But, I need to see her eyes in person."

"Let her know I asked about her."

     "I will." She nodded. "I'm going to miss you."