Special Chapter: Dream

Madison's POV

Happiness is by choice, as the saying goes. Well, In my case I don't believe in it. Being an unwanted child, being shun with my own relatives makes me believe that Happiness is a thing that hard to believe.

Hard to attain.

I was a shadow. Always a shadow.
I can still remember when I was 10. One of my sisters had her birthday. Sobrang bongga ng lahat. As a kid I felt excited, everyone was busy and the whole house was decorated with sparkling things, balloons, there's many sweet foods served. My two evil step sisters are also busy with something so I was free to do what I want.

I was looking forward to it. I expected so much to a party that wasn't meant for me.

In the end hindi ako pinadalo ng Stepmother ko. She prevented me to go out in my room. Saying things like " Don't let the visitors see you. It's shameful having you around. " then she closed that big door on my face. As the dark room envelope my empty, cold, and shabby room. I sat there thinking. What's like to be happy?

I'm a kid but I know I was far from being treated well. I was unhappy. I just want to be far away...from that cold and dark place...

Help me...Seven.

" Madison..."

Who's that?
Who's Seven?

My ten years old self tilted her head. Suddenly that dark place lit up little by little. Everything was getting lighter until everything was white. I saw someone standing there.

He was facing his back at me. I asked " Who are you? " but he just laughed while facing me a little bit. As his red fringes sways a little, my ten years old self turned 13. He said in a deep yet cheerful voice.

" Hi! It's a sunny day today, enjoy your meal! "

Huh? Ano bang sinasabi niya?

" Good evening. Oh wow, you're good at writing? You're a writer? Cool!! Good luck! "

I'm a...writer? Oh...yeah I am.

" Welcome! Ah! Book girl! I was waiting for you. Coffee right? "

I don't like coffee. But I like the one you made. Strong with three sugar cubes. I said then saw my self as a 17 years old girl. I was smiling a bit while his appearance keep on talking to me with different kind of expressions. It's amusing how a person looks so happy and cheerful even though I was just a stranger. It's soothing.

" I thought you'll never come. Hehehe. "

Well, it's because I'm a little shy. I tried wearing lipstick today.

" Cute. You're cute! "

Ah...That's not true...but I was happy.

Happy?

Is this happiness?

I don't know.

I looked again and saw myself as an adult. But a complete different person. I was smiling from ear to ear while running towards him. " Seven! " I called him. He smiled and grabbed my hand. While holding hand in hand we walk. I don't know but I felt like crying. Is that really me? Did I managed to be happy?