[42] herbal teas

y'all :

"the girls are a reflection of their better selves!"
"the girls are their conscience!"
"they're the member's solo songs! jungkook's girl teaches jungkook to begin again after his accident!"
"namjoon's girl is taehyung's sister from the hyyh series and he's protecting her bc he wasn't able to protect tae!"

me :

_______________________,

jungkook focus
dark hair falls into his line of vision, partly obstructing his view as he looks out at gwangju's streets below him. the streets are pretty much abandoned in this type of weather; cold torrents of rain and ice cool winds are enough reason for people to not go out. and if that isn't enough; the greying clouds above rumble with warning, occasionally revealing a threatening gold beam of lightening.

jungkook doesn't allow the weather to halt him from enjoying the feel of wind against his skin, however. he rests his forearms against the balcony's safety railings and leans outward slightly to catch sight of the fleets of speeding cars that splatter grey rainwater on a couple pedestrians who get too close to the curb, causing the soaked walkers to shake their clenched fists and curse loudly at the driver who drives off, completely ignorant.

jungkook picks up the cup of peppermint tea sitting sheltered by the french doors, and brings the warm cup to his lips, blowing softly before tilting the beverage back. he swallows the liquid with a sigh; he'd much rather have a strong coffee right now but in his friend's apartment, the only thing stocked beverage wise is herbal teas.

they're currently taking refuge in jungkook's friend's studio apartment — his friend who's moved out a while ago but left the accommodation for jungkook's taking who makes use of the building from time to time whenever he's in gwangju. it's a one room home — similar to jimin's but not as homely as the latter. it's bare, empty and sparsely furnished with a simple pull out couch as a bed, a useless tiny kitchenette pressed into the wall and a clean enough bathroom that joins up with the room, which taehyung currently uses to shower himself clean.

speaking of taehyung, jungkook stops himself from taking another swig of his tea as he's reminded of what had happened earlier on after eating out at YUICHI'S. the tips of his ears bloom crimson as he recalls holding taehyung's hand and liking the feel.

— AN HOUR AGO
taehyung walks just behind jungkook, a smile on his face, a hop in his step and feeling unbelievably content as they make their way down the road. they've just walked out of YUICHI'S cafe after taehyung had practically inhaled the food down — you'd think he'd stop halfway though the dishes, announcing that he was going to be sick but no; taehyung had happily scarfed down his meals with no complaint.