86 - First Rank Princess

Princess Wu Ting was born loved. Her mother was Empress Wenqian's niece. Her father had been a general under Prince Hai Quan's army. Wu Ting had been given a third rank princess title at her birth due to her father's achievement and sacrifice. Before Prince Hai Quan died protecting his brother, the Crown Prince, Wu Ting's father had died protecting Prince Hai Quan. With his dead, Wu Ting not only received the princess status from the Emperor, but she received the Empress' favor.

There had been no Princess in Wu Xi that did not envy Wu Ting. Her beauty was unparalleled. Her talents were unmatched. Princess Wu Ting was known throughout the country as a talented cook. Many of nobles and officials who had the honor to enjoy the meals she made often boast about it. The Empress Wenqian, who was fond of the young princess, grew to favor her more each passing years. By the time Wu Ting reached her fourteen summers, she already became a second ranked princess. Never in history did any woman without direct royal origin receive such an honor and love from the Emperor and Empress.

But all the love Wu Ting receive, she wanted one person's love. Prince Wu Jian, her distant cousin – her most important – her most beloved person, Wu Ting had only wanted his love. From the moment she first saw him, she knew there would never be anyone else who could move her heart and soul. She didn't care what others said about Prince Wu Jian or how they say he treated women like trash. Wu Ting believed that in the end, Prince Wu Jian will belong to her, love her. No one else in Wu Xi – no one else in the World, could match up to the great prince.

Princess Wu Ting status is comparable to the Emperor's daughters. Beside the Crown Princess, there was no one who could stand in equal grounds to her. This is why she cannot accept Li Ruyi's existence. For a woman who was pale in comparison to her in looks and talents, Wu Ting cannot accept that Li Ruyi had Prince Wu Jian's love. Wu Ting could not accept it even more when the Emperor gave her the Princess title and acknowledged her as Prince Wu Jian's consort, his wife. Resentment and anger filled her heart because the royal family knew her affection for Prince Wu Jian. They knew she had wanted to be Prince Wu Jian's princess, his Wang Fei.

For Li Ruyi to be acknowledged as Prince Wu Jian's consort, Wu Ting refused to give up. How could she give up when she had yearned and loved for all those years?

"I must obtained the First Rank Princess status"

Wu Ting saw no other way to obtain Prince Wu Jian.