Chapter 17

Jack's eyes met with Santa's and he shook his fist in frustration. "Mother Freaking Nature?!" 

Pippa, or the girl we knew as Pippa perked up instantly, but ducked when she saw who was on the screen. She let out a sigh,  and got up from Jack's lap. She shot me a glare, but started to twirl, as her green dress spin. 

Jack and I exchanged glances as she stopped twirling. She was a woman now, not that same teenager. She had long black hair tied in flowers hanging over her one shoulder. Butterflies swarmed around her, as her dress changed.

The dress she was now wearing wasn't as frilly and bright as the other. This one was darker, and didn't spin around so easily. Also, the wraps around her shoulder on the dress were made of leaves. Truthfully, she had a small smile on her face. 

"If your Mother Nature, where's Father Time?" I joked, rolling my eyes, but by the reaction of everyone else in the room, I could tell that I had said something bad.

Mother Nature fiddled with the leaves around her, as if she didn't hear me. 

I looked over at Jack Frost, and he shrugged. "Yeah, what happened to Father Time?" 

"We don't speak of him." The Tooth Fairy finally spoke up, but I wasn't satisfied with that answer.

"Why? Did he do something wrong?" I questioned, but Jack nudged me, to stop talking. Hard to believe for once he was telling someone to be quiet. Everyone else looked away, so I just started to twirl my finger, and it started to snow. 

Mother Nature cleared her voice, with her head pointed right to me, so I stopped twirling my finger. 

Clearly, nobody wanted to tell me why he was gone, but finally Santa told me. "He got forgotten." 

Jack nearly dropped his jaw to the ground, and his hand formed into a ball. "We can't talk about him because he got FORGOTTEN?! What about me? Huh? I was forgotten, too." 

"...Jack..." 

"No! Sorry, but I find it horrible that you guys have also wiped him off of your mind. Why don't you help kids remember him? HUH?" Jack yelled, slamming his fist against the desk. 

"Father Time was not a good man, Jack." Mother Nature said, making me completely confused. 

"Wait- I thought he was your husband..." I started, glancing at her. I was getting my stories right- right? 

"He was.... but then he got attacked by fearlings.... and he couldn't take it... he.... gave in." Tooth Fairy exclaimed, wiping a tear from her eye. 

Santa opened his mouth to say something, but was stopped by the sound of crashing glass behind him. In a giant swirl, fearlings broke into the room. 

I screamed, and Jack shut the screen off. "We need to leave. Now." 

He motioned us to the door, but Mother Nature didn't move. 

"Come." I motioned to her, but she shook her head. "Why not?" 

"Because, darling, fearlings know when there's presence of people, and if I went, they would follow the human scent ." She said, making me cry, but Jack grabbed me by my waist with his cane. 

Through my blurry eyes, Jack ran outside on a patch of ice, leaving Mother Nature all alone, as something black broke through the door. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. 

As Jack went farther and farther away, I glanced at him. "W-will she m-make it?" 

Jack didn't respond at first. "I don't know, Elsa, I don't know." 

Sorry for the short chapters, I've been busy. Hope you like it. :) 

Question Of the Chapter: Who's your favorite character? 

Ok, Love you all,

 xx C R Y xx