Touch

TIME is precious. Once you use it, you won't get it back no matter what you do, so use it wisely.

"GIN!!" I screamed out as soon as I have realized what I have done, and pulled away from Gin as quickly as possible. My eyes stinging with tears again afraid of loosing him due to my unthinkable move.

Gin just sat there eyes wide, and checked himself. He lifted up his hands...

But Gin didn't disappear..

We sat there staring at each other dumbfounded and confusion settled in between us.

"Gin.. you didn't disappear.." I softly spoke up, afraid he will suddenly vanish.

"That's strange.." Gin looked at me with surprise, and then a soft smile across his face, "I.. can touch you.." As he said that, he leaned in and caress my cheeks with his hand gently.

My eyes got watery again, and tears started dripping none stop. He wiped them away and lean in closer to kiss my forhead.

I was in shock that my tears stopped flowing. My heart pounded loudly, and afraid that he might hear it.

"Umm.. Gin.. I.." I couldn't bring myself to finish the sentence afraid he'll reject my feelings for him.

Gin now facing me, gave me a smirk. I flushed at his sight, and turned away involuntarily.

"You know, you're hurting my feelings," he teasedly lift my chin and bring me to face him again.

Oh, no, this isn't good.. But I don't mind his touch either.

His touch sent a shiver down my spine and I unexpectedly felt excitement.

"(Y/N), I know we only met a few days ago, but I really want to get to know you more," his face was slightly red under the only light we had, "I've became very fond of you.. since I have laid eyes on you on the first day.."

"Huh?.. It was nighttime when we met, how could you become fond of me?" I tilted my head quizzly.

His soft chuckled was the only sound I could make out in the night.

"Remember, I saw you fell off the cliff? I ran towards you, but when I got there, you already lost conciousness.. and I waited for you to get up." He widely grinned as he stared at me.

My eyes widen in surprise, "so you just waited for me to get up all that time?!"

"Yes," his sweet innocent smile captivated my heart, and my heart wouldn't stop pounding no matter what I did.

"Maybe we should get some rest," I started to pull away from him.

"But I want to hear more about you.. is that okay?" He asked coming closer, and I looked up at him. His eyes are full of sweet innocence and his smile is dazzledly bright that I nodded my head.

"(Y/N), is it alright if I hold you? I mean, I don't get to touch humans, and you're the first, probably the only one I can touch.." as he said this, I can see how embarrassing it was for him.

I laughed, but not because it was funny. He was too adorable, so I gave him permission, "yes, it's fine. At least you know how to asked for permission before doing anything strange."

"I don't look like it, but I do have manners," he got up to sit behind me, and embraced me from behind. I could feel his arms around my waist, and I became conscious of his presence. But I didn't push him away, I actually like this, and so i start telling him more about myself, where I was born to where I've moved, schools, and my volunteer work.

We talked and laughed throughout the whole night.

As morning came, we walked locking our hands together. We reached the stone torii at the lake when I came with my crew.

"(Y/N), this is as far as I can go with you.." he hestitated for a moment, "from here, you should be able to get back.."

My heart sunk having the thought of separating from him, "thank you, Gin.. I guess this is goodbye.." knowing how I didn't get the chance to confess to him, it really left me feeling quite bitter.

"Yeah.." His voice sadden under his mask, "if you plan to come every summer, I will wait for you here."

When I heard him say that, it really gave me some hope in seeing him again. I smiled and thanked him again. I walked a few feet away and turned back to see him still standing there and watching me leave. We already missing each other's presence. It really broke my heart and it aches to a pain that I have no experience about.

When I got back to the cabin, I saw Daisuke and Maho loading some stuff into the van. I overheard their conversation.

"I hope she's okay, I heard her fingers were moving earlier," Maho had a worried face.

Did somebody else got hurt? I mean, I looks like I made it okay.

"Yeah, I hope she wake up soon," Daisuke's hands were trembling.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" I asked, but they both ignored me completely. Confusion settle upon me unsure of what to do next.

Daisuke and Maho got into the van. I also got into the van with them. Daisuke drove off pretty fast, but was careful at the same time. During the whole ride, they didn't talk, so I didn't say anything else.

I wander what's going on? They're not talking to me..

They parked into the small hospital parking lot. I followed sliently behind them as they entered into a room.

"How is she?" Maho and Daisuke bursted out into tears as soon as they entered.

I followed closely behind, and as soon as I laid eyes upon myself, I could feel the colors drained from my face, and I'm full of shock. Uncertainty filled within myself, and I could feel the hot sting filling my eyes. I couldn't find the words to express myself anymore.

LIFE is precious. Enjoy every moment because it counts. Live like there's no tomorrow. Laugh because it's the best cure. Love unconditionally.