CHAPTER 5

Pierce left the prison with it pouring down rain outside. "Dammit." He growled and ran through the rain back to the pack house so he could get to his office. He hated the rain and hated getting wet unless he was in the shower. And he already took one this morning.

He closed the door behind him after he entered the pack house and sighed. Running a hand through his wet mop of hair, he walked to his office.

"Hello there." A voice called as he entered his office. He looked over at the old couch he had in his office and it was Amelia. He growled, not wanting to deal with her right now after what had happened. In fact he didn't want anything to do with her on a good day. "What are you doing in my office without my permission, Amelia?" He groaned as he went to his desk and grabbed a towel and started drying his hair.

Pierce knew what she was doing there from just looking at her outfit. She was wearing a tight mini skirt, an open tunic, and no bra. The tunic barely covered her breasts. She wanted to have sex. But he wasn't going to fall for it nor did he even want to do it with her. He wasn't even remotely attracted her.

"You know what I want, Pierce. And I'm not leaving until I get it. And that's you." She bit her lip sexily and slowly sat up, letting the top fall off her breasts, revealing them. But Pierce turned away from her, continuing to dry his hair with the towel.

He felt hands skim over his shoulders and Amelia pressing himself against his back. "Go away. I am not attracted to you. I know you screwed almost every male who doesn't have a mate. Now go." Pierce growled at her. Amelia huffed. "You're no fun. Fine." She stomped out of the office and out into the pouring rain.

He closed the door to the office and locked it to change out of the sopping wet clothes he had on. Stripping, even his boxers he through the clothes into a pile in the corner and grabbed whatever was in his 'extra clothes' box under the desk. Which was just a t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of boxers.

When he finished dressing himself, there was a knock on the door. "What?" He asked, not turning to open the door anytime soon. "What would you like me to do with the girl in the jail, sir?" A voice asked from the other side of the door. Pierce shrugged to himself. "Do whatever with her. I don't care." He huffed and sat in his chair.

He didn't want to think about the girl. He didn't even know why he brought her here and not just killed her right then and there. What stopped him from doing so? She was just another person. Who cared if she died? But apparently he did. He couldn't bring himself to do it.

It wasn't love. He refused to fall for anyone. He refused to love. His family, his friends, any damned girl who he just randomly met a couple hours ago. Pierce lost the interest of loving anyone or anything when he was 11. But he wondered how the girl was any different?

"Dammit! Enough!" He growled and stomped to the door of the office and unlocked it. "I won't let that girl consume my mind! I will finish her off by myself." He told himself, trying to convince himself that he can.

But when he reached the prison and to the room she was being held, he couldn't even bring himself to open the door. "Alpha? What are you doing here?" A soldier that was standing guard at her room asked. He shook his head and opened the door, revealing the girl, asleep on the floor. Pausing for only a few moments, he eyed the sleeping girl. His heart pounded and all the anger he was feeling suddenly just up and left him.

Waking up, she looked up at him and instantly cowered away. "I won't hurt you." He mumbled and closed the door. "I don't believe you." She hissed and stood as far away from him as she could. "Get away from me." She pleaded. Then the anger came back to him. "I said I won't hurt you!" He yelled. She jumped at the sudden anger in his voice.

Pierce closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths then opened his eyes again. "What is your name?" He asked her. "Cordelia..." She said almost inaudibly. "Cordelia what?" He asked, not trying to loose his temper. "Hale..." She said even quieter. If it wasn't for Pierce's good hearing, he probably wouldn't have been able to hear what she was trying to say and would have to ask her to speak up.

He took a step forward towards her and she made a slight scared noise. Stopping his actions, anger rose to his face. Why must she always freaking be scared of me?

Pierce held his hands up in surrender and backed away. "If you want nothing to do with me, than fine." He turned to go out the door than stopped. "Oh by the way. If you want to leave this prison cell, you have to come with me now. Or you'll never get the chance to get out again and you'll die in here."

Cordelia shook her head and slowly walked over to Pierce. "That's what I thought. Come on. Before I change my mind." He told her as calmly as possible and led her out the prison and back to the pack house.