28

Evelyn snuggled into her blanket as the plane was in flight. This time they weren't in the private jet, instead they were in a plane very close to it. First class all the way, with the recliner chairs with a television screen for movies in front of them.

Tom sat in the middle of Haz and Evie, Haz had headphones on and watched the screen in front of his face intently with whatever film he was interested in. Tom sported the same accessory as his best friend but instead he rocked to tunes that were stored in his phone and played games on the device.

Evie had taken a couple of sleeping pills as they settled down in the flight so by now she was starting to drift asleep. Her hair sprawled all over the pillow and she rested on her left side. The little screen to separate her space from Tom was left down and Tom glanced over at the younger girl. Whose eyelashes were fluttering from time to time, and her breathing was patterned while she clutched the fluffy blanket she had taken from home.

Tom was startled by the hostess that had waved in his face and he unattached the earbud from his ears, looking at the hostess with raised eyebrows.

"Anything to drink for you boys?" She smiled having a notepad in hand, Tom turned around and tapped Haz on the shoulder whispering into his ear if he wanted something to drink. Haz shook his head and went back to his movie.

"Just a water bottle please." Tom politely asked and she jotted it down on her pad.

"Anything for her when she wakes up?"

Tom debated on wether or not to get Evie something to drink, he shook his head at the hostess and said no thank you. She nodded her head with a smile and moved onto the next row, "You should've ordered me a martini or something."

Evie's voice surprised Tom, seeing that she was still awake and she grasped the blanket closer to her.

"I didn't know you were still awake."

"I didn't know that you liked to stare at people while they slept."

Tom's jaw dropped and he was at a loss for words, "I was not- I wasn't- I-"

"Mmhmmm okay." She hummed.

____________

"Ev-" Tom rubbed her shoulder covered by the blanket gently, trying to wake up the girl. Her eyes opened slowly, staring at the boy in confusion.

"We're landing." Haz piped up behind Tom, Evie nodded her head and put her head back down on the pillow.

Tom gazed at the girl for sometime who blinked tiredly as she stared straight forward.

"Why do you keep on staring at me?" She asked turning towards him, he had to make up a good excuse in time for her question.

"Uhhh- nothing your hair is just curled." He shrugged his shoulders, grabbing a curl that was fallen over her shoulder. She let out a laugh; giving Tom a glance as if he was super weird and decided to get herself together.

"Right. Weirdo." She scoffed, she sat up as Tom's gaze was still on her. As she was stuffing her blanket into her back pack she turned her head meeting his eyes.

"Can I help you?" She asked, Haz let out a laugh and Tom shook his head facing forward.

"No- no problem- nothing." He shrugged his shoulders shaking his head.

"Jeez why are you being so weird." She muttered to herself, as the plane started to descend causing some turbulence.

"Hey I heard that!" Tom whispered to her.

"What? You are being weird, stop staring at me." She exclaimed. He let out a chuckle and turned away from her and started a conversation with his other best friend.