Chapter 14

Allen strolled into the family breakfast room. Lilly was feeding and chubby Chloe. She cut her eyes to Allen then back to the baby. Vivian was busy checking her phone as Marcus read the news paper. The family jumped as he threw it down, "Son of a bitch!"

Vivian sung her words with a tune without looking up,"Language."

Allen strolled over to his father and picked up the news paper.  The headlines read, "Two more Luciano bodies found." Allen shook his head.  "Fucking idiots."

Vivian continued to look at her phone, "Language!"

Allen blushed, "Sorry mother."

Vivian then turned to her husband, "Marcus, this isn't going to ruin our holiday is it?"

Marcus slightly rolled his head, "Not at all dear."

Vivian gave a sarcastic smile and eased from the table. "Lilly, I'm off dear. If you need me, just text." Vivian then leaned down and kissed Chloe, "Goodbye my sweet girl." Chloe smiled at her mother and she grasped her sippy cup and gnawed on the lid. Marcus followed his wife out leaving Allen alone with Lilly and Chloe.

Allen strolled over to Lilly and lightly placed his hand on her shoulder. Lilly shrugged as she turned away. Allen sighed, "Lilly. I'm sorry for how I left. I was angry that I had to leave the family to fix someone else's mess." Lilly reached and pulled a happy Chloe out of her high chair. She tried to walk past Allen but he grasped her arm and pulled her to him. Lilly could smell his after shave his face face was so close to hers. Allen leaned right next to Lilly's ear, "I've missed you." Lilly pressed her eyes shut to control her breathing. Allen slowly released her arm, he smirked as he watched as she quickly walked away.

Just as Lilly placed Chloe down for her nap, she heard a light tap at the cottage front door. Lilly slowly opened the door and peeked around. Allen stood with his hands tucked in his pockets. He had a devilish smirk on his handsome face. Lilly signed, "Why are you here?" Allen strolled inside.

She then rolled her eyes and pulled out her note pad, but Allen stopped her. She was confused until she saw him sign back, "I wanted to see you."

Lilly was taken back as he continued, "What? Did you think I wouldn't keep my promise?"

Lilly cocked an eyebrow and shook her head.

Allen watched as Lilly looked down as he took a step closer as he spoke, "Why do you look away?"

Lilly was blushing as she signed, "Who taught you?"

Allen's smile faded a bit, "A friend."

Lilly was puzzled, "Why the sad face? Do you miss your friend?"

Allen smirked, "Not really, she kind of turned crazy."

Lilly's sweet expression dissolved, "She?"

"Are you jealous?", Allen took a step closer.

Lilly shook her head she sighed with sadness, "Please go away."

Allen paused, "Why? What's wrong?"

Lilly looked as though she was about to cry, "I don't want to know you, or about your crazy exe's that you slept with."

Allen took another step but stopped as he noticed Lilly's heavy breathing. "Lilly, are you alright?"

Lilly started to wobble as her sight became fuzzy. She thought to herself, "I can't breathe! I.. can't.." She watched as Allen rushed up to her as she fell to her knees, then everything went black.

Lilly awoke to the afternoon sun peaking through her bedroom blinds. She shot up in her bed thinking, "Chloe!"

Lilly slid open her bedroom door to the living room. She slowly crept up as she watched Chloe sleeping peacefully on sleeping Allen's chest. She pulled her phone from her pocket and took a picture. Allen's eyes eased open to a smiling Lilly. He smirked at the young beauty. They both turned their eyes to their mother as she entered the room. Vivian was taken back by the sweet scene. Allen slowly helped his mother ease Chloe off of his chest and into her arms.

Vivian whispered to the two, "You really tuckered her out." She blew Allen a kiss and pecked Lilly on the cheek as she took her leave up to the main house. Lilly turned to a handsome Allen, he was still laying on the couch biting his bottom lip as he smiled at her.

Lilly signed, "What's so funny?"

Allen couldn't contain himself, "My chest is cold, wanna take her place?"

Lilly rolled her eyes, grabbed a near by blanket and threw it on his face. Allen pulled it of and leapt from the couch. Lilly tried to escape, but she was too slow. Allen grabbed her from behind around her waist. She could feel his breath against her ear, "Don't do that, you'll pass out again." Lilly nodded but he didn't let go, "Why did you tell me to leave?"
Lilly sighed as she turned around without Allen releasing her, "You have other women in your life, you don't need me." Allen leaned down and pressed his forehead to a reluctant Lilly, "I don't have other women."

Lilly angrily signed, "And your friend?"

Allen rolled his head back and then back to her, "Yes, I did sleep with her; but she meant nothing."

Lilly calmly sighed, "You don't have to explain really. It's not like we have an understanding. This is just lust, nothing more. Maybe you will find another friend, as will I."

Allen felt his temper wanting to flare but kept it in check as he nuzzled her neck, "Don't be cruel, I did miss you."

Lilly pulled away, "Then why sleep with someone you don't love?"

Allen released her as he chuckled nervously, "You didn't sleep with anyone while I was away."

Lilly's face had anger written all over it, "No."

Allen shook his head as he headed for the door, "Well your a saint as always."

Lilly rushed in front of him as she signed, "You were texting me everyday, but you slept with someone else? How can you think that's ok? Where you only texting me as a back up plan, hoping you contacting me would give me hope so I would turn down others?"

Allen was in shock, "Hope for what?"

Lilly realized her mistake, she turned to walk away but Allen spun her around by the shoulders, "You want me, don't you?"

Lilly shook her head, "Not anymore."
Allen released her as she went into her bedroom and shut the door.