Alphonse x Werewolf!Reader

(A/N- So someone requested this a while ago, sometime in December, and I put it off because I couldn't think of any ideas I really liked. Then I had an idea, which built up to more ideas and I couldn't choose one of them.

Long story short, the final word count for this one is 9,357 words (although Wattpad is telling me it's less so who knows which one's right, no matter what it's over 9000 words). My longest one-shot for this book (in the 11 point Arial font I typed it in, it was 17 pages long, not double spaced). I also haven't been able to find the comment originally requesting it, but to whoever it was that did, you're welcome.

So make some tea, grab a snack, wrap yourself in a warm blanket (or sit yourself in front of a fan if it's hot), and enjoy the story! I'll say more in the author's note at the end!)

"The teenager is in your office, sir. I talked to them to calm them down again, but if we don't put them to good use, there's not much we can do to help them."

"Understood, thank you, lieutenant Hawkeye."

A man with short black hair in a military uniform opened the door to the office. You make eye contact with him from where you sit, your arms folded over your chest. You pull your hoodie sleeves further over your arm, covering some of the thick hair on the back of your hands.

He smiles and walks into the room, taking a seat at his desk.

"I trust you understand why you're here, don't you?" He asks.

You break eye contact with him, looking at the floor in silence.

"That's alright, you don't have to talk. Just hear me out."

You glance back up at him out of the corner of your eye.

"I know you didn't mean to hurt anyone. You were just trying to protect those civilians, and in the chaos things got out of hand. You're a decent person, but the military has its eyes on you now."

"I don't want to be like this," you interrupted him. "I want to use this curse for good, but people just, freak out when I try to help. I'll keep things quiet, I promise."

"It's a little too late for that. This information is being kept secret for now, only the close soldiers in my command know, and they've sworn to secrecy on the matter. But if higher ups were to find out, I'm sure plenty of scientists would be very interested in doing some research on you, with or without your consent."

You stiffened, pulling your hood tighter against your head.

"That wasn't a threat, I'm just stating the facts. I think we can help each other out. I want to help you hide in plain sight, and you want to be treated as normally as you can be. How would you like a job offer?"

You darted your eyes to meet his, surprised.

"A-are you offering me one?"

"Yes. Your heart's in the right place, and Riza tells me you seem quite kind. She told me her dog spent the whole night by your side, and you were very honest with her."

You rubbed the back of your neck, your hood falling to reveal a head of thick (h/c) hair.

"Guess the dog knows what I really am then," you chuckled.

"I have a pair of brothers who could always use someone to keep them in line. They're skilled alchemists, capable of handling themselves, but they tend to find trouble the majority of the time. If you take the job, you'll be acting like a bodyguard for them. You'll have access to funds for food and housing and any other needs you come across, and whether you tell them about what you are or not is up to you. Just know I have full confidence you can handle it."