Chapter 4-2

Smile at Hope in the Name of Despair
Daily Life
Afternoon and Nighttime 15
Free Time Event #6

*Arian's POV*

"Okay. What the fuck is going on with you? You've been acting weird ever since the 2nd trial...and don't think I didn't notice your eating patterns either" Fuyuhiko asked, glaring at me while I looked out of the window. We were at the diner on the 2nd island. Apparently, he figured out that I haven't ate in a few days, so he's making me sit here and eat...which is stupid because we're going to eat noodles later on tonight...according to him.

"I'm-"

"If you even think of the words I'm fine, I'm going to drag you over to Akane, who would gladly beat some sense back into you" He threatened as I sighed before picking at my food. "Well, I can't lie to ya by saying I'm not fine, because I-"

"Then tell me why there's a box cutter with fresh blood all over it..." He pointed to the box cutter that fell out of my pockets while he was dragging me towards the diner. "O-Oh, that's for when I need to stab someone with it. It's for defense, duh" I said, trying my hardest to hide my twitching arm.

"And you're a god awful liar at that...why would-"

"It would be best if you don't question me about these things. We have much more important things to focus on...like trying to stop Nagito from killing us, or finding the traitors, or even figuring out how we-"

"Okay, you're right. But EVERYBODY has noticed your behavior change after the 2nd trial. Hell, even Mikan was up your ass ever since then, and she was planning to kill you" He pointed out as I hummed, but yawned and looked at the food in front of me. It's my favorite too...but I don't want it.

"Really? I think I'm-" He stared to get up as I threw my hands up in surrender, making him sit back down. "Look, wouldn't Peko be upset if you got gray hair from stressing over something that doesn't matter? We can focus on everyone's mental health after we deal with-"

"Nope. We aren't leaving here until you fess up and say what's wrong"

"Then we'll be here all night, because there's nothing wrong with me! So stop asking dammit!" I said, sitting back in my seat and looked out of the window. It was quiet between the two of us for a while. Neither me or him moved or spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" He spoke up after a while. "Yes, I would like to leave" I stated as he sighed and poked his food with a fork. "Do you suffer from some form of-"

"Oh, would you look at the time! We should be getting ready to-"

"Don't even think about getting up from that seat!" He stood up and shouted, making me sigh and slouch in my seat. "See!? This is exactly what I mean! You went from being a foulmouthed bastard who would shout back if being shouted at, to this..." He paused, trying to think of some words. "This...ugh!" He sat back down and crossed his arms. "Look, are you depressed or something?" He asked as I flipped him off, trying my hardest to think of a way to get out of this talk.

"Okay. Now you're just trying to piss me off. Look-"

"Can you-"