Chapter 7

"Exams are finally over!" One guy yelled, as he turned in his exam, as the last one to finish.

We all started cheering and socializing. "So who's coming to Ellie's end-of-the-year party tonight?"

Everyone seemed excited for the party, exept Roxi and her friends, but they seemed like they were coming, which I was not too enthusiastic about.

I mean, it's only fair to invite them when I already invited the other people in our grade, as much as I hated to do so.

I turned around to face Max. "Are you ready?"

He nodded and whispered. "I just hope nothing happens between you and Roxi."

"I agree."

"Mostly to you." He grabbed my hand. I knew what he ment, too.

I honestly haven't thought much about ending my life, but something can cause it to happen again. I don't want that though. As much as I hate people, I don't want to leave Max.

~ ~ ~

"Wooooo, sweet partayyyyyy!" One guy shouted. He sounded drunk, but here was no alcohol at this party, at least I hope not.

I didn't really want this party in the first place, I just wanted to relax at home, maybe watch a movie with Max, but it was actually Max who convinced me to have it. I'm just not the partying type.

"I'm going to go sit down." I called to Max, hoping he'd hear me. He acknowledged it with a wave and continued on with the party.

I headed to my couch and sat down with some oreos in hand, watching everyone have a good time. That is, until Roxi appeared in my view.

"Where is Ellie?" She shouted, practically stopping the party.

"What's your issue, Roxi? Just have some fun." Daniel, the crazy drunk-like guy commented.

She then turned towards me, and so that was my signal to RUN!

I practically pushed through the crowd of people until one of Roxi's friends was in front of me, Janius.

I quickly turned right to find yet another friend of hers, until I found myself surrounded. "Roxi, what is your issue with me?"

"First of all, you get me suspended,"

"That was your fault, actully."

"Second, you steal my man."

"Woah, woah, woah, I stole your man?" I was frustrated now. "I didn't steal him, and I have my free rights to date whoever I want."

She screamed really loud to where it pierced everyone's ears, then threw her fist towards my face. I dodged it quick enough, but she decided to counter it with a knee-jab to my stomach.

I quickly react by kicking her over, but find myself getting punched from all angles from Roxi's friends. I felt the tears coming on this time. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop!" Max jumped in the middle to stop it, but I took off to the bathroom.

~ ~ ~

"Oh no." Max mumbled under his breath. He started heading upstairs and called back down to the living room. "Everyone please leave, now!"

"I'm not leaving 'till I get my revenge." Roxi called from below.

As Max quickly stumbled up the stairs, he found the bathroom door, and tried to open it, but it was locked.

"I'm sorry Max, but there's no saving me this time." There were subtle crying going on inside the bathroom, but Max couldn't do anything. "I'm sorry, I love you." She paused for a moment. "There's a notebook in my room, on my bed with some drawings all over it. Please go though it..." That was the last he heard from the bathroom.

Max's eyes were watering and he tried to hold back the tears. He looked up and tried to get into Ellie's room and get that notebook.

"Here it is..." he trailed off. "I can't do this, but I have to."

He opened the notebook and there, on the first page, was a note that read:

'Max, If you're reading this, than I must have ended it. But please, don't worry, I'm not suffering anymore. I love you, and I didn't want to leave you, but the time had come. Either something has happened to cause me to end it now, or I ended up overthinking and thought this was the only way to stop it. You were— are the only one that made me happy, even when someone decided to go and ruin it. Don't worry about me, go on with your life. I will always be with you. Love, Ellie.'

He could stop the flow, Max cried right then and there. He couldn't let it go, it was all too sudden for him. "What am I going to do now?"

He decided to flip through the red of the notebook to find all Ellie's YouTube plans, sketches of random stuff, even a few sketches of them together, and even drew a heart with 'together forever' above it.

"What's taking so long?" Someone yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, can we at least say bye to the party host?"

It's too late. Max thought. But how am I going to tell them? Or Ellie's parents? He took the notebook and kept it under his arm. He wanted no one to see the notebook. I guess I'm going to have to tell them something.

He slowly stepped downstairs, looking so depressed.

"Hey man, where's your girlfriend?"

He tried so hard not to let the tears burst out. "She's.... not coming back..." He sniffled out.

"What do you mean? Is she moving to a new state? New school?"

They obviously don't get it. "She's dead!" He blurted out. I didn't want to shout it out like that, but I didn't know how else to say it.

Everyone gasped. "You have to be kidding!"

"She can't be!"

"I sure hope not!"

"Glad that brat is gone."

Everyone then turned to Roxi and stared at her.

"What?"

Everyone then started throwing stuff at her.

"You have to be the reason why."

"Yeah!"

"Why would I be the one to cause her to commit suicide?"

"Oh, I wonder." Max blurted out sarcastically. "Maybe it was because you treated her like crap! You punch her in the face then try to get her suspended. You yell at her for 'stealing your boyfriend' when I was never yours in the first place. You get jealous that I gave her more candy than you can eat. You blame her for being a 'wannabe' when in reality it's all you. You have Janius throw a rock at her car and hit her head. And finally, you try to corner her in the middle of her own party and have you and your 'friends' beat her up."

Everyone just stood in silence.

"Now why in the world would I do such things to an innocent little girl." Roxi sarcastically said.

Everyone just stared at her angrily.

"Get. Out."

"Fine, this party was lame anyway." Roxi and her friend left the house as everyone sat around, moping.