- Dating accusations? -

Chapter six

-
It was a mistake sitting here, playing blind to the heavy gaze suffocating my existence and setting off my nerves off like it was a store security alarm.

I knew the minute I spotted him here, right at my favourite place, I should've left, that would've been logical, but I guess I'm not the logical type.

Instead of fleeing, I had sat down in a booth by the window, on the side of the exit and across from a bare table in the middle that acted as a separation from the group of savages laughing obnoxiously.

I fell victim to a pair of watchful eyes.

Stupid me.

I'm sure he'd still be mad about what happened earlier, even though it wasn't my doing that initiated it. That didn't matter to him, I embarrassed him and that's all that mattered in his stupid mind.

Us bumping into each other was only bound to happen.

He may as well shoot bullets out of his eyelids every time he blinks, it would be easier to dodge than this.... This constant staring he is doing.

I didn't like it!

What an irritating day this continues to be.

"Are you gonna eat that?" I raised a brow at Felix as if to say, 'scuse' me?' Did he really ask that? "Okay, never mind," He muttered, watching me protectively drag the packet of fries away from his reach.

"Anyway-" With a mouth filled with food, I snapped my head towards the scrunched up wrapper thrown our way. Of course one of Theo's friends threw their empty burger wrapper at us. "If you're gonna throw something, throw food and at least not something empty." I muttered, controlling myself to not peek at the devil.

"So, huh," Mario, one of his friends, the son of Dronan, a fighter in our pack, wiggled his dark, thick brows, gesturing between Felix and I. "You two dating or something?" I furrowed my brows and shared a humoured look with Felix.

Felix was cute but I just couldn't see him in that way. That would be weird considering he and I grew attached to one another from a young age. I snapped my head back in their direction, only to see Theo with narrowed eyes, his mouth pressed together.

"No one would want to date her," His cold stare slid towards me.

I narrowed my blue eyes, mirroring his glare. "That's false."

"Oh yeah?" He raised a brow, tilting his head. Since he was sitting on the outer side of the booth, he turned, back facing his friend as his longs legs were out from underneath the table, one elbow pressed on the edge of the table, the other hand on his thigh. "Who have you dated?"

Not an asshole like him! My silence and hesitation to answer made them laugh. "So what?" I scoffed, glancing at them all.

"Aw," Theo smiled, patronising me with his expression and tone. "How cute, still unwanted and never has dated."

"Your friend doesn't seem to mind," The words slipped out of my mouth and not only shocked me, but visibly shocked Theo too.

He blinked, taken back by my statement before clenching his jaw, studying me with narrowed eyes. No turning back now I guess...

"Yeah, Daniel. Where is he anyway?" I purposely glanced across the table, noticing the wide eyed looks and agape mouths belonging to his friends.