c h a p t e r t h i r t y s i x

-

"The blood in my veins is made up of mistakes."

-

"I'll be back before midnight." he said, placing a kiss on the top of her head.
"Are you going to be careful?" mumbled Hermione. Draco pulled away slightly and looked at the girl.

"Of course i am."
"Well, alright. Do you know where you're going?"
"Yeah, Weasley gave me an address to apparate to."

Hermione frowned but smiled slightly when he kissed the tip of her nose.
"I promise you, I'll be extra careful."
"If I feel anything because of the bond, i'm coming to you and dragging your arrogant arse back home. You hear me?" she said, giving him a stern look.

He returned the look and nodded, doing a small salute, "Yes ma'am!"
"You're a dork."
"A late dork. I need to be off now."
"I love you."
"I love you too."

-

Draco appeared in what seemed to be a field on the edge of a forest. There was an old barn a few metres from the trees but before he could investigate, he heard several pops of apparation behind him.

"Alright, are we all here?" asked Harry, looking at the group. There were four women and four men in the group however Draco only really recognised Harry and Ron. None of the others were in his year.

Ron did a quick count of the group and nodded, "All here."

Harry nodded at him and turned to face the group. "See that barn over there? That's apparently where strange things have been happening." he said.
"What sort of strange things?" asked one of the men.

Harry shrugged, "The Fawley's didn't really elaborate on that."

The group ended up splitting into pairs and Harry managed to make sure Draco was with him. "The others are going to look around the outside of the barn and nearby in the woods. I was hoping you would be able to help me." he explained as they walked towards the barn.

Draco stopped walking and turned to face Harry. "Help you with what?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.
"There are bound to be dark objects there. I thought you might be able to help identify them." said Harry.

Draco thought about it for a few moments before turning back to face the barn. "I can try." he shrugged.

When they walked into the barn, Harry sent Draco to look at the right hand side whilst he checked out the left.

"Harry! I think I found something!" yelled a woman from outside of the barn. Harry winced slightly and sighed, "Don't yell, Jess, I'm coming."

"Are you going to be fine by yourself?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow. Draco shrugged and chuckled, "I've been alone all my life, I can handle it."

Harry was about to reply but he was interrupted by the woman again. He apologised and ran out of the barn, leaving Draco by himself.

The boy sighed and walked around the corner before stumbling over a cauldron on the floor hidden behind a stack of hay bales. He furrowed his eyebrows as he bent down to examine it further.

The batch was still being brewed as he picked up the brewing spoon. He cautiously sniffed it, dropping it immediately when he realised what it was.

"Figure it out yet, Malfoy?" said a voice.
Draco stood up and pulled out his wand, pointing it at the stranger. He didn't recognise the man but he looked around Draco's age.