Chapter sixty-five

Hello guys...

Follow on Instagram : infinitepeacexx

This chapter is dedicated to NikkiTalwar ...

Happy reading ^^

•••••••••

I'm really not liking this talk but what can I do?

"H-He is my classmate and also my... neighbour?" I explained but it came out sounding more like a question.

"Okay..." he trailed off slowly while still pondering on whatever he was figuring out in his mind.

"So, can I go?" I asked while jutting my right thump back at the door on which I was leaning on.

"Yeah... no wait!" he exclaimed suddenly.

"What now?" I asked, not bothering to hide the irritating tone to my question and pulled my legs up on the seat, not at all scared of my action or by the fact that I was doing so in a police officer's car.

He raised one eyebrow at me as if surprised by my audacity but said nothing.

"So?" I gestured for him to speak and for a moment, I felt like I was the officer and he was in my place.

Well, he was really behaving like such a culprit right now.

"Can you give me Max's phone number? I need to speak to him about -

"About what?" I demanded in a hurry in fear that he might be a pervert.

"What's up with you? Are you okay?" he frowned down at me and I quickly faked a smile on my face.

"Yeah! Perfectly fine." I bobbed my head up and down and he awkwardly shifted in his seat.

Oh my god! He's nervous and he keeps on looking at his hands like he was too scared to look at me directly in the eyes. Oh no! Don't tell me that he's really gay. Or he is -

I jumped forward when I heard loud and harsh pondering behind me. I held in the cry which nearly slipped out of my mouth but I screamed when the car rocked one way and the metal groaned as if someone was trying to pull open the doors. I screamed yet again when the driver's door busted opened and the dumbfounded looking police officer was yanked out of the car all at once. His scream getting muffled as he's violently pulled away. I tightened my hold on my bag and rushed to open the passenger door but stopped when I saw a hand reaching out to open it. The car teetered again as the person forced opened the passenger door. I couldn't scream. My throat felt dry and for the first time, I knew that that was the end for me. It felt like everything froze and nothing could be heard. Everything was happening in slow motion and the door handle finally jiggled like it normally would but I heard nothing. I squeezed my eyes shut but I was brought out of my trance when I was hit with a cold chilling breeze.

I opened my eyes slowly, scared to see the hands reaching out for me but frowned at what I saw. The car door was opened but that was it. No one reached out for me. I held in a breath and dared to sneak outside while trying to be invisible but that was just next to impossible since I would be clearly visible once I would be standing on my own two feet. My forehead ceased to a frown when I saw no one, nothing peculiar. I sprinted around the car to check where the officer was but saw nothing. I looked around, panting heavily, both from holding in my breath and from running around like a rabbit.

I rushed further down the road without looking back, leaving the car in the deserted street. I know that I seem to be somehow foolish to go around wandering instead of just dashing into my house but I felt as if I needed to check where the officer was.