Chapter 30( reedited)

August 29, 1989

Cecelia

Here it was. The day I went away from home I was stepping into a new inexperienced part of life and the thought of it made me nervous.
"You ready?" He asked me with a hint of concern in his voice. I thought about it for a moment and decided I was ready. " yes I'm ready." I sighed. Devante gripped my hand squeezing it tight. "What is it?" I asked him. "Nothing can't I hold my girlfriends hands before she goes off?" He answered me chuckling slightly. "Right you can."

I answered pressing my lips together. Memories flooded my head of all the fun times we had this summer. Me and him got closer in ways I didn't think was possible he finally deflowered me. The thought of it makes me blush. He made me feel like it was just me and him and no one else in the world at that moment.
He made me want to have his children. But after all of it was done I felt guilty because my grandmother started bringing up the subject of birth control to me like she already knew that things had happened. My grandfather was clueless. I can remember the conversation I had with Donald about us having
premarital sex.

"De we can't do this we are gonna continue to live in sin!" I told him as he was kissing my neck on and down.

He kept doing it as if I had said nothing. I saw him reach to turn the lamp on. But I stopped him. " I don't want you to see me-" "I wanna see all of you." He retorted in his deep voice but this time in a loving way. From that moment on we've been going at it like rabbits. Where I drew the line is when he tried to get some after playing music at Reverend Degrates church and it was at his parents house. So I had to much respect for that.

Coming out of my thoughts I feel a breeze of air and my skirt being lifted upI look down to see it was De and he's looking at me smirking. My breathing becomes weary "what- are- you doing?" I quickly get out of my mouth.

"I'm trying to make you feel good." He says in a seductive tone. I finally come to my senses and slap his hands away pulling my skirt down that he likes so much. " more like trying to get some." I murmured to him in response.

" yeah that too." He said bluntly. My mouth shaped into a O and I slapped the back of his head like a basketball. "Chill Cece!" He says laughing. I open the car door and get out carrying my purse and book bag. "You've got everything?" He asked me.

" yep." I say as if I'm checking the check list. " well I would walk you to the door but I gotta get on." He said now leaning down to kiss me. "Okay bye Earl." I said chuckling. He stopped in his tracks because he truly hated that name. "Ahaha don't call me that." He says in a dry playful tone.

November 1st 1989
Me and Whitley now share dorms I wish I could say I was cheerful and happy but everything about her face screams gloomy. Her and Kci are always arguing about little things here and there. " no ced I'm not talking to any- well why can't you just come to college your grades were good enough! Why do y'all have to do everything Devante says?" Whitley says sighing on our landline telephone.

  "No I believe in your dreams it's-not - tha- Cedric don't you hang this phone up on me!" Her tone of voice gradually changed to stern and her country accent began to soar. Click. K-ci hung up On whit and her face turned red she looked up the phone with anger and she threw her hands to the air.  " K is just so selfish, he did not tell me his plans of going of to New York." I nodded my head interestingly because I had no idea that they were leaving anytime soon. " I love him Kimmy he isn't gonna just walk out my life like that." She said staring off to the air. We soon heard pounding on the door. I quickly unlocked the door seeing who it was one of the most nerdy, charming ,popular guy we knew on this campus.  Dwayne.  " what's up Dwayne?" " hey to you Cece." He answered sarcastically smiling. Then he looked inside the room his attention on Whitley. " hey Whitley." He said dragging out her name flirtatiously. " hi Dwayne." She answered dryly.
He chuckled nervously scratching the back of his head. " Cece I came to see if you had the history notes from class this morning." He voiced clearing his throat. " oh right." I answered quickly going through my drawers to find the notes I wrote earlier today.  " so.." he trailed off. " what's up with Whitley, she seeing anyone?"  I found the stack of notes and leaned back on my desk.
" yea as matter of fact she has boyfriend." I answered him. " aww man." He cursed to himself. " but who says you can't be friends?" I smiled handing him the notes. " I hate the F word." He says with a goofy look.
" but friends is better than nothing at all." He said shrugging. " now that's the spirit!" I said sarcastically.  I started pushing him out the door. " wait woah don't push me out baby."  He said. " byyye Dwayne." I said waving my hands at him and shutting the door on him. After he left I looked over to Whitleys side of the room with bags full of junk food eaten and some half empty. Then I hear the toilet flush and Whitley walks out using the back of her hand to wipe off what ever it was on her mouth. " what?" She questions me seeming a little tense. " nothing." I answered looking at her blankly.
" you and Dwayne should get to know each other." I suggested after it was silent for a few moments. " are we forgetting something? Hello! I have a boyfriend!" She said dramatically dragging the letters. " just friends. Is all I'm saying." I throw my hands up into surrender. " I don't really talk to guy friends to be honest I don't like them Very much, given my previous situation. " she says to me referring to the sexual assault that took place on New Years. " well you got a point but Dwayne is a nice guy by his character I don't think he would try something like that you know what I'm saying?" Whit scoffed and started laughing. " what is it?" I asked clueless. " your starting to sound like a little Devante." She answers shaking her head. Indeed I was picking up some things he said out of habit. They say you mirror the behavior of the ones you love sometimes I guess it was true for me. I hadn't seen Donald in about 2 months I missed him a lot but I knew he was a busy man and respected him.

Donald Degrate jr. Pov:

" you. Need. To. Come get Justin."
Mj gritted her teeth through the phone.
" man you know I'm working, I get him on the weekends you know that!" I answered her in irritation. " I've got things to do De , places to go, people to see. All the above." She answered snappy towards me. " well why not do your job as a mother and take him with you?" I suggested. " because he's gonna kill the mood and-" she stopped as she knew I had caught on. " wait a minute I know you not having Justin around some random nigga." I became heated at this point. " what's it to you why don't you go be with sickle cell whatever her name is." She answered me scoffing. Cecelia it's Cecelia you mop headed hoe. " you know Good and well that's not her name." I laughed aware of her jealousy. " yeah? Whatever come get Justin I need to make this money tonight anyways and carrying him around isn't gonna cut it." She gave me her final answer hanging up the phone. I kneeled my head down on to the keyboard my palm facing my head until I heard keys jingling in a pocket and someone jogging towards me in the basement.
" yo de man you got to try this stuff it's gonna relief your stress bruh." Kci said handing me a blunt with his eyes bloodshot red. I snatched it from him and put it between my lips releasing out silent puffs then the phone rung again. " Hello!" It was Cece. " what's up babe." I answered Cooly. " I was just checking on you I haven't heard from you in a while, you know how you get sometimes. " she says. " well I'm aight baby we just miss you that's all." I answered. " aww the guys miss me ?" She asked innocently. " well them too." I answered seeing if she would catch on. The chronic got to me that I started coughing. It had been a while since I actually smoked marijuana. " uhh you okay De." She asked as I continued to cough with my ears itching and all.
K-Ci started laughing hysterical holding his stomach. " baby lungs!" He breathed out. " shut up with your donkey looking tail look like you came out of shrek !" I yelled at him. " de !"she shouted on the other end of the line. Cece wasn't aware of these things we did and I don't want her to see that part of us.

Update \\ it took me two days to rewrite 🙄 but enjoy and comment away guys 💕💕