Encounter

In her mind, Camille travels back to her favorite place, where a bright curtain of red and orange spreads on the horizon. The gentle breeze of a welcoming evening fan through her curls. She lays on the grass, gazing up to the open sky. Nostalgia wakes up in her heart, a lump of sadness gathers in her throat. She used to spend her evenings watching the sunsets with Adam, always with him. It was the perfect way to erase the pain she had to endure behind closed doors. From her balcony, Camille can see the vastness of the Sacred Water Sanctuary.

Everything expands from the ground to the skies. The soft melody of hummingbirds chanting in the distance as they find a place to rest. The sky has slowly turned from bright blue to navy, then to black as the night rises. Camille sits on the edge of the bathroom window, letting the low wind caress her skin. Her lungs fill up with the fresh scent of green grass, wet dirt, and pure water from the many fountains that decorate the fantastic kingdom. Another day ended, and she never got to meet with the God of Water. Azzel has been kind enough to let her stay in her room until she feels ready to face the rest of the "people" in the vast castle.

Lost in thoughts, she stands in front of a natural hot spring that's supposed to be her bathtub. A mesmerizing and calming turquoise color takes over the small river as it flows to a small opening that makes it the outside. The vapor takes over the room as the strong aroma of herbs and mint overwhelms her mind. Like a magic spell, it wraps her body, soothing her pores while traveling through her cells, taking her on a much-needed journey of healing. Camille submerges herself in the crystalline water as her body shrinks while she breathes in the calming steam. Opening up her lung to purify her spirit, her skin turns softer and tender as her pores absorb the humidity.

The thought of a desperate boy looking for her stops her from enjoying this magical moment. The loneliness and uncertainty overwhelm her mind, pushing her to a state of desolation she can't get rid of. Her shoulders tremble as the need to cry takes over—the need to see him and give him some type of relief to know that she's okay. "I'm sorry, Adam..." she weeps silently, suppressing her emotions, but her tears mix in with the water become a window for the God of Water to see her.

He closes his eyes to see her missing her boyfriend's comforting smile, his soft hold against her body. The need for his kiss, the touch of his finger tracing her face. Always so shy but attractive at the same time. Cute and manly in many ways. The perfect company she ever needed. The perfect touch to heal her wounds and broken spirit. Now that she's so far from him, Camille understands that Adam is all she ever wanted. The gentle boy's heartbreaking image with honey eyes desperately calling out her name becomes vivid in the god's mind. Running all over town searching, asking people, going crazy. The agony of not knowing how to break him free from worry pushes the god to make up his mind about her.

Camille jumps out of the well as she senses someone looking at her from far, wrapping her body with a towel, and rushes back to the room. Scanning everything, she stops to take a deep breath. "I know, I'm insane." She steps closer to the sliding door. Something in the moonlight hypnotizes her. The moon is bigger and brighter; it almost seems reachable. Camille feels alleviated for a moment. Still, his name escapes her lips. "Adam..." claims his name with sadness. She hates the idea of her Adam losing hope to find her. Everything in this world is new and magnificent; it's easy to get lost in the magic and forget about the one person who never forgets about her. "I miss you..." she whispers to the wind.

Surprisingly, Camille senses the encounter she's been waiting for closing upon her. A sudden thumping sound snaps her back to reality. Her heart accelerates rapidly at the sound of footsteps on the balcony. She hesitates as she sees a shadow behind the curtains, unconsciously feeling how her whole life is about to take a wild turn; Camille reaches out to lock the door. 

On the other hand, the god has been watching from far, avoiding to explain the reason he believes she's been chosen to come to his kingdom. He has purposely been ignoring the fact that they have to face each other because, in many ways, it's their destiny. The god mediates for a moment, hating the fact that he's intrigued by someone he hasn't crossed a word with. He's able to feel Camille's presence all over his home. Her vivid emotions have awakened his curiosity to the point of sneaking into her room like a stalker. Inadvertently the powerful God of Water finds himself concerned by the dense darkness chasing her from far, something he recognizes all too well. Although the scars on her soul are painfully clear to his eyes, marks that he can't comprehend and refuses to believe can be caused by someone familiar, and if that's the case, what is the reason for a human to have to endure such torture. The god exhales with a hint of irritation to find himself being considerate with someone the great gods are using to get to him.

Collecting information from Kaiden and Azzel only makes him more curious to know why she hides her pain under a smile. He needs to figure out if the great gods have chosen her because they know she will make him waver. The god looks up to the sky, noticing that he's being watched. He frowns but avoids any outburst of anger like he did before. But while he struggles to find a good reason for his inexplicable actions, anticipation takes over Camille, she takes a deep breath, and just before she can lock the door, it slides open.

Camille gasps as she takes one quick step back, and without a second to waste, she's immediately trapped in a spell cast by his royal blue eyes. At the same moment, he becomes dazzled by a vivid violet color that looks at him with immediate admiration. One split second is all it takes for the god to understand why Azzel and Kaiden have chosen to take her side against all the odds. The beautiful gleam in her eyes peering right at him with surprise. A bright purple that captivates with a radiant purity that the mighty god of the Sacred Water Kingdom is taken aback by a human's existence for the first time in his eternal life. Although he isn't sure but can see why Camille has been brought to this world. In her eyes, he can see that it isn't a choice between the great gods but something with more power than anything in any world, fate.

Finally, Camille can see the difference between Kaiden, Silvanus, and the god they serve. His majestic presence shakes her up to the core. Her whole being lightens up with an intense gaze that sees more than she can possibly imagine. Camille is unable to move or react to the glorious presence of the man standing in front of her. A beautiful man with ebony-colored hair that slightly touches his long neck and part of his handsome face. His thick natural brows adding more drama to his expressions, with the help of his chiseled cheekbones and his flawless skin. Camille finds herself drawn to the soft sparkle that looks like he's been showered with golden dust, but the mystical tentacle-like marks that wrap his body from the center of his neck, all the way down to an impressive six-pack makes it hard for anyone to look away. The God of Water is a combination of everything. He's delicate like a flower, sparkly like a diamond, and beastly like an animal. Camille can't bring herself to think of anything to say or do for someone so superior to anyone she ever imagined to meet. Just like him, Camille is astonished by a pair of hypnotic eyes that over-shined with profound royal energy of calmness and freedom. She can feel her soul submerge in a deep state of tranquility, something she's been desperate to find for so long. There's no mistaking it anymore, this divine man in front of her with such surprised expression, it's him—the fearless God of Water