Assessing

"I warned you about this, did I not?" Ceres pulls Axl out of his crumbling thoughts. At the same time, the sky lightens up with a rumbling roar.

"I suggest you stay calm, my lord." Zerrat, the God of Ice, steps in front of his master, apprehensively trying to keep him under control. Axl looks down at his servant and then back at the Goddess of Nature and smirks. Zerrat sighs as his master relax back.

"Your temper seems to be extremely fragile since that girl arrived." She comments nonchalantly. Zerrat shakes his head in distress. His eyes turn ice-cold as he tries to stay calm under Ceres's provocations. After his unexpected visit to the Esteri Galaxy, the God of Water has become even more confused about the great gods' choice. After reading the Book of Life, Axl has become tormented by the nights Camille spent suffering because of a shadow that feels familiar but unrecognizable at the same time. He doesn't need much information to figure out Cares's game. Although he's upset, Axl manages to keep his composure.

"I never imagined you would hold such a threat, Ceres. I am impressed and angry at the same time." Axl says, trying to hold back his desire to rip her throat and end her life for once and for all, but he also notes Zerrat becoming rigid behind him. If one thing Axl learned from Camille's life is that she's determined to fight bullies and malicious people. She learned to suppress her emotions to the point she's become immune to express what she feels inside. Reacting to Ceres's aggravation would be a loss for Axl, but not acting on it also gives her the power to keep tempting with Camille's peace.

"I do not want to hear your halfhearted excuses; this girl has turned to be an important piece for them. You need to get rid of her." Her possessive eyes pierce the two gods.

"Somehow, I believe this world is worse than hers," Zerrat says with a hint of disappointment. "We are gods, but unfortunately, we are not good." Axl's expressionless face hardens as he senses Ceres' desire to ruin Camille's tranquility.

"To ponder a comparison between a worthless race and us, I feel sorry for you." Ceres's tone becomes poisoned with anger. "I have been going around trying to find a coherent reason for me to be as supportive as the others are, but tell me. Give me a good reason to ignore the fact that you are interested in her." The prideful goddess questions with a regretful tone. Deep down, Ceres has always been holding onto the possibility of siding with the great gods. To have Axl all to herself. Now, his hesitation to get rid of her tempts Ceres to make her own plans, which can turn out into a deadly threat to Camille.

"I could give you enough, but you only need to know one..." Axl says, unafraid of the goddess threats. "The girl will not be used as a pawn." He reassures her, but the thought of Camille's years of torture makes him want to go back in time and destroy her past, but he can't. Camille's destiny has been written, and there's nothing the god can do to change it. He sighs, realizing how easily his heart is being wrapped around her, something the great gods may have planned since the very beginning. The idea of it twists his gut with disgust and rage, but also admiration for Camille's determination to survive. She has managed to maintain her courage through painful nights. She waited for a chance to free herself. Deciding to sacrifice her happiness for others is something Axl can relate to differently, and he wants to repay her somehow.

"Do not take me as a fool, Axl. What do you know about responsibility? What do you know about living for an eternity waiting for the precise moment to claim a yearned victory?" Ceres lets her frustration out as she realizes his thought, but in the blink of an eye, Zerrat builds a shield of ice to stop Ceres's vines from reaching Axl. A cold blast spreads as the clash between the gods alerts the water sanctuary.

Ceres has accompanied Axl for an eternity, not only because they are the gods of balance. She's grown with him, watching him suffer the misfortune of being caught in the middle of two opposing forces like the great gods. Although she can understand why Axl is attracted to Camille, she's a mystery of her own. And unlike anyone else, Camille doesn't hold any negative thoughts or hidden motives. The only thing she wants is to find her freedom. She wants a place where she can find peace. Ceres becomes uncontrollably aggravated by Axl lack of interest in her opposition. "I think you need to choose your argument more wisely," Zerrat answers for the God of Water. Ceres stops for a moment. Zerrat is right. If anyone knows about living for an eternity waiting to claim his victory is Axl. He has been destined to stand in the middle of a war he doesn't want to fight, waiting for the perfect time to claim his freedom as a victory.

"Choose your allies wisely. If I have to pick a side, I am gladly taking hers," Ceres takes a threatening step closer to her emotionless comrades. "I am certain that once that girl sees your true form, she will beg you to send her back," She smirks at the thought of seeing him fall once again and this time not only him but the others as well.

"Ceres," Zerrat warns her, but the Goddess of Nature is just as unpredictable as the God of Water, two compatible beings with a clashing temperament that jeopardize the universe.

"Unfortunately, to be on the good side, there are sacrifices to be made, and innocent lives have to be taken in the name of peace. You and I know there are living examples that some sacrifices should have never been made." The Goddess of Nature's eyes turned poisonous as the vine wraps itself around her body.

"I am grateful. You are as heartless as her, really grateful, but..." Axl stops his sentence as Camille walks through the door, accompanied by Kaiden.

Camille can't help to imagine the worst after finding out about other girls in this place. Having enough imagination and myths from Earth, her brain starts scrambling with many options. Axl notices her worries, which makes him face the Goddess of Nature with nothing but fury.

"Thanks to that, I will not hesitate to destroy you if you keep disobeying my orders." He finally turns to meet her celadon eyes. Zerrat takes an immediate step back as it would be a deadly mistake to stand between them when the God of Water is forcing his mind to subside his discomfort.

"Leave us." He orders everyone with a tone that makes Camille flinch. She glances at Kaiden and Zerrat. Even though she feels intimidated by the fierce Goddess of Nature, Camille can't refuse their company. It's better than being alone with Axl. But it's not easy when Ceres's feline eyes stalk her silently, carefully examining her reactions. Camille starts nibbling her lips, but once again, Kaiden gives her a reassuring nod. Strangely, all Camille wants to do is run towards the angel and hide behind him, like a child afraid of the devil. The Goddess's eyes bear such intensity, she can only try to focus on something other than Cere's imposing presence, but he's there, looking at her in the same captivating way he did before. Deep down, Camille can't be afraid of anyone when he's around. She grips on her dress as she cautiously moves closer to him.

"You will accept the consequences of this mistake, Axl. I will see you fall into darkness, lose your mind, and she will wish death for herself." Ceres, the Golden Goddess of Nature, challenges the God of Water while the sky turns gray and dangerous. Camille freezes as a powerful bolt of lightning lands in the center of the lake. Kaiden catches her before she hits the ground.

"Your intentions are clear, and so are mine." Axl takes a deep breath to stay calm in front of Camille, but he knows this is only the beginning of a long-awaited war.