Offering

As the daylight fades and the nighttime rises in the Gods' World, Axl spends another night looking into the distance. As the cold breeze strikes his hair, the scent of grass and roses mixes together. He looks up to the sky, where millions of specks of light illuminate the field. He analyzes in silence how it feels that this is the first time Axl has opened his eyes in a long time. Camille's words have stirred the sour memories of his past, where he lost the sense of time and reality. A faint memory flickers in Axl's mind as he becomes trapped in Camille's words. Although her image has faded with time, if he closes his eyes and focuses on the silence, Axl can hear her voice, her desire for his blood. It doesn't matter how long it has been since he saw her last, the traces of her will always be engraved in his heart, not because of love, but for the pain she caused.

"Do you see that eerie shadow?" The god breaks the silence as the angel of light descends from above. Kaiden kneels before his master. Keeping his eyes closed, he takes one step back without saying a word. "Just when the dusk is about to pass at night, and the red color disappears in the horizon, I cannot help myself but wonder,"

"Looking at her, do you still believe you made the wrong choice?" Kaiden finally opens his eyes to look beyond the galaxies. "Your majesty," Kaiden says behind his master. Although after speaking with his mother, Axl realizes that Camille's soul's scars aren't only caused by her but also by someone else.

"It is difficult to determine who is setting up a chaotic battlefield. The Great Goddess of Evil and Death, or the Great God of Life and Destiny." Axl can't help to frown bitterly as their name's skep his lips.

"Having your mother tormenting you for so long, it is not hard to think of him being the cause of her pain, and when that thought crosses my mind, I cannot help myself but feel responsible. If I am responsible, what is the best way to set her free, Kaiden?" The angel of light says nothing. Letting his master struggle to find the best answer is the only way to help him and Camille. "It is frustrating..." Axl finds himself trying to suppress his arrogance when it comes to Camille. After all, she's an innocent soul looking for a place to fit in. Deep down, the god feels responsible for making Camille come to this world, which is the reason why he's now contemplating holding back his brute personality in front of her.

"Perhaps you forget something. Your majesty, Lady Camille, has already made her choice." Kaiden has spent enough time besides her to notice her change of heart. "And, if you do not mind my insight, I do believe you have made yours as well." The angel decides to speak honestly, even though it can cost him his life. Axl becomes immediately rigid as he senses the disturbing presence of terror. Kaiden stands on guard as he realizes that someone is making a move right in front of the god.

"It is alright, Kaiden. I do not intend to entertain her more than she deserves, but keep in mind. I will not stop you if you want to," Axl says as Beldurra, the Goddess of Fear, opens up a portal in front of them. A rotten scent of death spreads through the lively land, killing everything in an instant. Her black wings hold her in the air as the cold air of the night fans through her hair.

"My, my, what an honor it is to be summoned by none other than the God of Water himself," Beldurra says mockingly. Axl holds back from falling from any provocation coming from her. The Goddess of Fear, a despicable monster born from the darkness the Great Goddess controls. Even though her mare presence insults him, Beldurra lives for the enjoyment to see Axl twitch every time she speaks.

"Thank you for meeting me here," Axl manages to sound cordial, although it takes a lot of effort for him to ignore the fact that Beldurra has caused past of his misery.

"Oh, please, I could not miss an opportunity to look at those divine eyes of yours, your majesty. those distant eyes that regard me as the vilest demon in the universe." She says with an evil grin, slowly setting foot on the ground. The grass dies at a touch of her energy.

"I admit, you do disgust me, Beldurra. But I do not see you as the vilest demon in the universe," Axl answers with honesty.

"Aw, I am moved by your honesty. Could it be that you are-"

"I am nothing. The only reason I called you here is to warn you. If you ever come close to that girl again, I will not hesitate to come for you, Beldurra. And the same goes for her." He threatens with an icy tone that makes the evil goddess smile with excitement.

"I admit, I am not a match for you when it comes to power, but unlike you, dear brother. I do not have a weakness. I do not need your fearsome power when I can easily stamp out anything that you love. Or have you forgotten?" Beldurra instigates with maliciousness.

"Your majesty," Kaiden becomes alert by the goddess provocation.

"Ah, Kaiden, there you are. Stop pretending to be a statue and come play with me." The goddess keeps pressing her luck, although it gives Kaiden enough time to analyze her darkness and the darkness chasing Camille. Beldurra shakes her head as she gets no response from the angel. "Oh, well, there is a reason why I bothered to come here. This is not about you but her," Beldurra finally manages to get a reaction out of Axl. "Mother has a proposition for you," she takes one step closer to the menacing god.

His crystal blue eyes piercing Beldurra's soul, trying to understand what's his mother is planning. Axl knows that someone like her won't hesitate to hurt anyone, jeopardizing her path to being the supreme power. He waits patiently.

"Send the girl back to her world," Beldurra repeats word by word the great goddess's orders, her eyes intensify in the same lifeless way. It makes him feel cold inside to think that his mother asks him to reject an offering for the first time. Axl keeps his eyes on Beldurra, not showing any reaction to her request, but deep down, it's intriguing to him to finally see something different from the frivolous mother he knows.

"What if I refuse?" Axl finally decides to express his discomfort. Kaiden becomes alert behind him as Beldurra grins widely.

"As I said, dear brother. I may not have your power, but I can destroy everything you hold dear. I will destroy your kingdom, your beloved followers one by one, and nothing would give me more joy than to kill someone you want to protect." Her eyes become desperate to see the fear she can cause—the cries for help, the last breath of someone on the verge of death. "Send the girl back, or I will drive her into misery, and you will be the one to blame."

"Please, your majesty, stand back," Kaiden urges him as he notices his energy taking a violent turn.

"Come on, Kaiden, do not stop him. Let him become what he truly is. A monster that will cause as much pain as any of us combined. You think you can protect that girl from the memories that haunt her at night. I have had a glimpse of her trembling heart as the darkness hugs her body. Her desperate cries while the possessed demon devoured her whole. That poor creature, her destiny has been cursed, and you know which great god is to blame for that." Beldurra manages to string Axl composure with words that expose Camille's painful scars. Her fears and desperation, but just as he becomes livid with anger. Her carefree smile pops in his mind, her timid voice, and the courage that shakes her when she feels lost. Axl has trapped himself in the concerned look in her bright eyes. Unconsciously, he's chosen to let her make the decisions independently, a privilege she's the first one to have. Axl ponders on the sensibility he's experiencing with Camille, looking at her delicate glow under the moonlight, her tender eyes trying to look firm as she tames the tears. The god inhales deeply to ease his anger.

"The girl will stay here, and before you touch her. You will die, Beldurra." Axl says with a shark tone that is a chilly warning for the Goddess of Fear. He turns to Kaiden as he becomes ready to face his own feelings. "I am sure she will be concerned if you were to get hurt, Kaiden." He says before giving him permission to attack the Goddess of Fear. Kaiden opens his golden eyes as he spreads his blazing wings, launching himself to Beldurra. Axl looks up at the moon with a set mind. He opens a portal to go back to Camille's side.