Epilogue

I sat down on the throne and adjusted my crown. 

The Winter Army had destroyed the whole Northern and the Eastern Kingdom. The Southern Kingdom was barren, anyone able to wield a sword was enlisted into the Winter Army. 

Our whole land needed help.

And now it was my job to bring it back together.

Ruby, Angelina, and Phoenix moved into the castle with me. The first thing Phoenix did was get down on one knee and propose. Of course, I said yes. 

My first act as the Queen was putting up a memorial for my family, the Malum family, and the three innocents killed by Tristian.

Rebuilding the world would be hard, but I was up to it. With the wisdom of Sagacity, the love of Phoenix, and my own power, how could I fail?

I did learn something along the way, as well. It came to me one night as I looked out of the window, watching the sun set. I had always been powerful, but my true power was never unleashed by the dragon's tear. 

It was unleashed by me. 

Sagacity knew that, too. The tear was to help, sure. But it would never had worked fully until I realized how powerful I was. 

Phoenix walked up behind me and put his arms around me. I smiled and leaned into him, closing my eyes. "I think you make a great Queen," he whispered. I laughed and turned to him. 

"A great one?" 

He smiled and bowed. "There isn't anyone as great as the Dark Queen."

I kissed him and we both turned to watch the sunset, leaving the darkness behind and taking us into the bright future of Vivianeth. 

The End.