Bad Blood: A Dramione Fanfiction

Hermione

All I want is a normal year at Hogwarts. Studying, tests, NEWTS... Doesn't it sound extraordinary? Not that it's going to happen.

I'm Hermione Granger, one-third of the famed "Golden Trio". After our adventurous seventh year at Hogwarts- which, oddly enough, barely involved Hogwarts at all- we've decided to return to finish our education. When I say "we", I mean every student. Apparently, not much learning went on last year; The Death Eaters made sure of that. But now, they have been eradicated, along with You-Kn... Voldemort himself. Perhaps a normal year isn't impossible now, but it is certainly unlikely.

I'm standing in front of the brick wall that leads to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. It's cold and windy today, so I have on a black trench coat over my muggle clothing. The coat reminds me of my robes, which, unbelievably, I will be changing into in a few hours, as I have been longing to do for a while. Excitement builds up inside me as I run through the wall to the platform. It's so comforting to be returning to Hogwarts.

There are students surrounding the train, saying their goodbyes. First years are easily recognizable, due to the look of intense fear and curiosity on their faces. The anxiety is understandable; they face things that are unknown to them. Harry, Ron, and I have learned first-hand that the unknown is terrifying.

I flash friendly smiles at the students. They give me a nervous smile in return. None of my friends seem to be around. They must all be on the train. Slowly, I make my way over to the train and board it.

By searching every compartment, I realize that Harry and Ron are not here. Therefore, I pick an empty compartment and wait for them. My watch says that it's 10:58. They have two minutes to board. Honestly, you defeat the Dark Lord, but it's not at all possible to be on time?

Out of a compartment in the front of my trunk, I retrieve my Head Girl badge, fastening it onto my shirt. I smile proudly at it.

Luna Lovegood walks by my compartment, and, realizing who it is, stops to give me an enthusiastic wave. She slides open the door with one hand because she has a stack of magazines in the other.

"Greetings, friend!" She calls to me. "Would you care for a Quibbler?"

The Quibbler is a magazine her father, Xenophilius, writes. Nothing in it is accurate, but I nod my head anyway. As she hands me my copy, a tall boy with dark brown hair runs into the compartment. Neville Longbottom.

"Luna!" He exclaims, hugging her. "I've missed you so much, I- Oh, hello Hermione. Nice to see you."

"Hello, Neville. It's a pleasure." I say.
I'm beginning to get nervous. Harry and Ron still haven't arrived.

"Excuse us, Hermione." They say in unison. I'm guessing that they're officially dating, due to the fact that they're holding hands as they exit.

My only option for entertainment right now is reading the Quibbler. Sighing, I open it up. It is printed upside-down, so I flip it over. As I do, a bracelet falls out. On the page it fell out of, I read that they discovered a new magical creature, the "Stiggle". It looks like a Ladybug, except it's green and purple, and-

"Hermione!" Harry and Ron shout together as they barge into my compartment.

"Harry!" I shout, and I hug him, smiling.

"I see where I stand now," Ron says sarcastically. He then hugs me and gives me a quick kiss. Ron and I have been dating since the Battle of Hogwarts, when Voldemort was defeated.

We take a seat. It feels so good to be with them again. I spent the summer with my parents, restoring their memory since I had "obliviated" them for their safety before we began hunting horcruxes.