Chapter 2: "The Waitress"

You put your phone on the coffee table in front of your couch and sat up. You had to go to work soon, you worked as a waitress at a fancy restaurant named 'Harvey's Fine Dining'.

You had worked there for a year now and you honestly hated it. All the customers there were snobs and your coworkers were all smart alecks. On top of that, your unform was a white dress shirt, a black vest, a black tie and a skirt that went a little above your knees. You hated that stupid outfit. You despised having to get it dry cleaned every single week, in fact you could do a lot with the money that wasted.

You really wanted to quit that job but, you needed to find another one first. It wouldn't be very smart to quit a job when you were tight on money, but sometimes you just wanted to throw your name tag at your boss and yell 'I quit!'. You have never had the guts though, he'd probably just escort you out himself. Your boss didn't really like you much, you feel as if only hired you because his wife felt sympathy for your poor state.

Your mom was actually friends with his wife, that is most likely why you got the job. She must've suggested you to her or something. He wasn't even hiring at the time but you still got offered a job.

You walked into your bedroom and quickly put on your uniform. You made your hair and looked at the time. It was three-thirty, you had to be at work by three-fifty. So, you quickly grabbed your small black purse and made your way out of your apartment, down the stairs and outside onto the sidewalk.

You lived on Clique Street, it was a street lined with older apartment buildings and houses. You hadn't really met many of your neighbors yet, even if you had lived there for quite some time. You had become acquainted with two people that lived in your apartment building and that was all.

One was an elderly lady named Agatha and the other was a young man named Tyler. Agatha was a sweet lady that lived across from your apartment and Tyler lived on the bottom floor.

Agatha would always make a habit of bringing you cookies around the holidays, which were always delicious. There were four different flavors she'd bring, chocolate chunk, red velvet cake, snickerdoodles and gingerbread. She'd always ask if you had a favorite flavor but you never could choose, they were all amazing. Though, sometimes you hoped that she'd give you one of the recipes. Specifically the recipe for her snickerdoodles because they were unlike any other cookie you had ever tasted.

And Tyler barely spoke to you, he was a very introverted guy but he still introduced himself when you moved in. Sometimes you'd pass by his apartment and hear him playing the ukulele. It was very calming and you enjoyed what he played but, he only played music when you were coming home from work late at night. You weren't just going to knock on his door and ask him to play music for you or anything so, you'd just pause by his door and listen.

You walked until you ended up at a four-way intersection, you pressed the button on the pedestrian crosswalk signal and waited for it to change to a walking person. You looked up at the other side of the crosswalk and saw the two skeletons from earlier standing there. The tall one seemed to recognize you, he was looking directly at you while then shorter one just chatted away.

The light turned to the 'walking guy' so you made your way to the opposite side of the street. As the taller skeleton passed, you could feel his gaze on you, it never once faltered.

His glare made you feel uneasy and anxious, did he think you were a bad person? Maybe he had seen you arguing with the protesters or... Maybe he was just judging you for being a protester.

You walked to the familiar restaurant you worked in and walked inside.

"Congratulations for not being late again, (Y\N)..."