Chapter 11: "The New Employee"

You looked over to see Undyne, one of the monsters that had dined at Harvey's a few days back. If you remembered correctly, she was Alphys' girlfriend. She and her girlfriend were the couple that gave you that very generous tip. You made a mental note to thank her.

She had her red hair up in a messy bun and she was dressed in a long white lab coat with a black tank underneath. She was roughly Papyrus' height, maybe a bit shorter.

"i wasn't planning on getting up so early but, sans thought it'd be a great day to 'rise and shine' at five in the morning." Papyrus replied as he yawned sleepily.

"S-Sans t-told me you were having problems with n-nightmares... I-is there any way I can h-help?" Undyne asked as she fiddled with her fingers nervously.

"nah, i'm good." Papyrus responded as he took another sip of his honey.

"oh, this is my friend (y/n) by the way." He added as he gestured to you.

You waved and she adjusted her glasses as she looked at you shyly. "H-haven't we m-met before?" She stuttered out.

You nodded, "I was your waitress at Harvey's the other day." you responded.

"oh, she was your waitress? how was her service?" Papyrus asked Undyne mischievously.

You knew why he was asking this, he wanted to know if you had been kind to them. He was still trying to figure out who you were as a person. He wanted to know if you were really a monster hater or if you were just a normal person who got mixed up with the wrong crowd. You could tell that he hoped it was the latter. You hoped it was the latter as well, but you still haven't decided your standing on the issue yet.

"I-it was great... A-Alphys and I enjoyed it so much t-that we gave her a v-very good t-tip." Undyne responded with a faint blush.

"About that, thank you very much! I'm tight on money so that generous tip helped a lot." You told her with a smile.

"O-oh! It's n-no problem at all... Alphys said she r-really thought you looked like y-you deserved some extra c-cash." She responded as she looked over at the wall.

"Well, please tell her that I said thank you!'" You replied before you happily took another sip of your mocha.

Undyne nodded nervously and looked back to Papyrus, "S-sorry for interrupting your talk...I just uh... Sorry..." She apologized.

"don't sweat it undyne, i don't mind." Papyrus responded.

"W-well... That's g-good! N-now excuse me, I need t-to place an order." Undyne responded as she slipped away and walked to the counter.

"cya undyne," Papyrus responded.

Papyrus turned his gaze back to you, "what was the 'very good' tip?" he asked curiously as he looked into your (e\c) eyes.

"That's a bit personal, don't you think?" You replied with a lifted eyebrow.

"nah, i don't think so." He spoke with a shrug of his shoulders.

You took a deep breath "Thirty-five dollars."

"hm, that was very generous." He replied as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a dispenser of toothpicks. He shook the container and one fell into his palm. He placed it into his mouth and put the container back into his pocket.

You looked over to the doors to see a taller man, not as tall as Papyrus but still very tall enter the café with a confident stride. He looked to be in his mid-thirties and he had nice features. He was dressed well in a black suit and he ran his hand through his graying brown hair, he grinned as he walked straight towards you.