snow

Three months after Kallus's departure

Ezra, Sabine, and Scales woke cold, and shivering. Sitting up on their beds, the siblings rubbed their arms and looked at one another.

"Why's it so cold?" Sabine asked.

"Good quessssstion" Scales hissed.

Ezra got up from his bed and opened the curtain. He gasped and stared at the sight in front of his eyes.

"Ezra?"

"Sabine. Come take a look at this."

Sabine put Scales on her shoulder and joined her brother at the window, she felt her own breath catch. The grass, forest and house were caked in snow! The woods looked even more magical as the sun sparkled down on the trees, making the snow sparkle.
The two kids looked at one another.

"SNOW DAY!" They both shouted gleefully, and ran from their room, down the stairs and burst into the kitchen.

"Morning you three" Hera smiled as they ran in.

"There's snow!" Sabine exclaimed.

"Of course there is. Remember what we told you when you arrived here? It snows" Kanan told them.

"Get some warmer clothes on you two, I get chills just looking at how you're dressed" Zeb told them.

"You got it" Ezra grinned and the two siblings shot back up the stairs like torpedos. 

"What's with them?" Zeb asked.

"I doubt they ever got to play in the snow in their years at the orphanage. Remember what they told us? Miss Atama never let them go outside except for chores" Kanan told him.

Ezra and Sabine were back downstairs a minute after they left. They were wearing coats, track pants, boots, and ear muffs. Sabine had a scarf round her neck but Ezra didn't.

"Where's Scales?" Kanan asked, seeing the snake was no longer on either of the kids shoulders.

"He said he wanted to stay in our bedroom, it's too cold for him out in the snow" Ezra replied.

"Is it alright if we have breakfast later?" Sabine asked.

"That's fine. Zeb? Could you watch them for us?" Hera inquired.

"Sure, I've got nothing better to do" Zeb replied standing and going to his room to get warmer clothes.

"Let's go!" Ezra whooped about to run out the door.

"Uh uh, hold it mister. You're not going out there without a scarf" Kanan told him, grabbing the back of Ezra's collar so he couldn't run away.

Ezra turned round to look at Kanan as the man pulled a midnight blue coloured scarf from the closet and wrapped it round Ezra's neck loosely.

"Right, you go for it Ezra" Kanan said when he finished.

"Thanks dad" Ezra grinned and was out the door like lightning.

About fifteen minutes passed before Hera and Kanan joined their children in the snow. A massive snowball war took place real fast with the kids ganging up on their parents. Kanan and Hera were overthrown in a few minutes as the trio crafted and threw snowballs like experts.
After nearly an hour of creating creatures out of snow, the wolf pack bounded from the trees.

"Hey Blaze" Kanan called as the black wolf trotted over with his family.

As soon as Mira saw Ezra, she instantly went over to him and affectionetly licked his cheek. Ezra chuckled and hugged the wolf.

"It's good to see you too Mira" he smiled.

Ursa and Tristen went over to Sabine, while a pure white wolf nuzzled Hera.

"Who's that?" Ezra asked scratching Mira's neck.

"This is Starlight. She's my favourite wolf from the pack" Hera replied.

"The name definitely suits her" Sabine remarked.

"I thought so too" Hera said.

The wolves eargly joined in on the Jarrus family's games in the snow. A few of the younger ones rolled happily around in the cold substance, making their fur as white as Starlight's.
Mira and Ezra were having the times of their lives as they played tag, rolled around in the snow and eventually, Mira tackled Ezra to the ground and licked his face. Ezra began laughing and gently pushed Mira's face away from his. The female wolf however, had other plans. Using a paw to keep Ezra to the ground, Mira began nuzzling his sides and stomach.
Ezra started giggling very quickly and squirmed from underneath the dog.
"Mirahahaha" he laughed.
The wolf stopped after a few more seconds of tickling, and gently butted Ezra's forehead. The boy wrapped his arms around the wolf and hugged her.
"I love you Mira" he sighed contently.
The wolf rumbled happily and lay down beside the boy. Ezra spent the next minute or so petting the wolf until he was smacked straight in the face by a snowball. With the force of the ice, he was thrown backwards, face covered in snow. Sitting up, he flicked the cold flecks away and glared at Zeb and Sabine who were laughing themselves silly.
Suddenly, two snowballs came from nowhere and hit the two kids on the back of their heads. Looking round, they saw Hera and Kanan grinning at them.  

"So not fair" Zeb called to them.

"Life rarely is!" Kanan replied.

Ezra shivered and rubbed his arms. After spending a long time in the snow, he was getting cold. Hera and Kanan noticed this.

"Alright you guys. Let's go in" Hera told them.

"Aw come on Hera" Sabine said.

"You can come out again later. Right now, you need to warm up" Kanan added heading for the house.

Ezra stood and hugged Mira one last time.

"You stay warm too Mira. I'll see you again at some point" he promised.

The wolf nuzzled his shoulder before following her pack back into the woods while Ezra and Sabine followed their parents and brother indoors.
They were a little cold, but perfectly happy.