92 - Change of Heart

"She's pregnant..."

Empress Wenqian's voice dissolved Wu Jian's thoughts. Turning to face the Empress, Wu Jian maintained his composed, icy expression.

"Ruyi's matter does not concern her Majesty. Jumao, have the guards escort her Majesty back to the palace"

"J_ Jian"

Wu Jian's sharp words hurt the Empress deeply. As a grandmother, who does not dote on her grandchildren? But with Wu Jian's words, he have disregard her as his grandmother.

"Her Majesty has already made her decision in who is to be Wu Jian's Wang Fei." Wu Jian turned away from the Empress, showing her his back. "Since Ruyi is not her Majesty chosen granddaughter-in-law, Ruyi's children will not be her Majesty great-grand children"

"Jian!" The Empress plead.

"Guards! Escort her Majesty back!"

Guards entered and forced the Empress out.

Empress Wenqian couldn't believe she was forced out her own grandson estate. Stunned, she was escorted all the way back to her palace and was greeted by the Crown Princess and Madam Muyang.

"Your Majesty" Madam Muyang quickly came to her side. "Were you able to convince Prince Jian?"

The Empress was still in a daze as she tried to process the entire situation.

"Please your Majesty, tell us that Prince Wu Jian has agreed to annulled his marriage with Li Ruyi"

At the mentioned of Li Ruyi, the Empress' expression turned into guilt.

"Your Majesty..." The Crown Princess saw the troubled expression on the Empress' face. "Is everything well? You look pale"

The Empress didn't respond. Instead, she entered her living quarter tiredly. The Crown Princess and Madam Muyang quickly followed after.

"Your Majesty, Ting-Ting is sick in bed waiting for her majesty's good news"

"Madam Muyang, go back and take care of Ting." The Empress closed her eyes jadedly.

"Y_ your Majesty?" Madam Muyang sensed something was wrong. "D_ Did Prince Jian refused? Her Majesty is his royal grandmother - the Empress, can she not force_"

"Enough Madam Muyang!" The Empress opened her eyes and spoke out irritably. "Do not speak of separating Jian and Li Ruyi. That is no longer possible!"

"Y_ your Majesty, why did you change your heart? You assured Ting-Ting that_"

"My great grandchild is most important!"

Those words shocked Madam Muyang.

"Princess Quan Yi is with child?" The Crown Princess was surprised.

"Yes" The Empress said softly before she looked at Madam Muyang sternly. "Li Ruyi is carrying Jian's child. The mother and the child must not be harm"

"Your Majesty, what about my Ting-Ting?"

"Ting is still young and pure" The Empress continued with a deep sigh. "I will ensure her match will be no less than Prince Jian"

"B_But_"

"As her mother" The Empress cut in sharply. "Make sure the young princess does nothing foolish again"

"Your Majesty" Madam Muyang went to her knees, her face filled with tears. "Ting-Ting has given her whole heart to Prince Jian. She won't be able to live without the Prince"

"She will have to learn to live without Prince Jian" The Empress felt a rush of headache at Madam Muyang's cries. "Someone take Madam Muyang back. Make sure to watch Princess Ting carefully. If something happens to the princess, I will have your heads"

Two eunuchs quickly took hold of Madam Muyang and forced her out as she was crying for the Empress to think of Princess Ting.

"Empress Mother..." The Crown Princess spoke gently. "A great grandchild is a joyous occasion... does her Majesty not want the child because of its mother?"

"That Jian had pushed me away" The Empress no longer hide the pain inside as she vented. "That horrible grandson had pushed his own grandmother away. He already declare that his child will not be my great grandchild!"

The Crown Princess was startled.

"That horrible boy" The Empress' voice shook.

The Crown Princess quickly went to the Empress side and wiped her fallen tears.

"Surely, Prince Jian spoke out of concern for the safety of his Wang Fei and the child"

"I'm his grandmother, did he see me as a threat to his Wang Fei and his child? Is that why he forced me out his home?"

"Empress Mother understands more than anyone the pressure in the inner palace... For a frail woman like Li Ruyi, she will not last... If the mother is not protected, how will the child be safe?"

"That..."

"If Empress Mother cannot accept Li Ruyi... then how can Empress Mother accept her children?"

"No matter what, her child is Jian's child" The Empress said with conviction. "Whether I accept her or not, the most important thing now is the child"

"But..." The Crown Princess reminded softly. "If Empress Mother cannot accept Li Ruyi, then how can Prince Jian accept Empress Mother?"