C H A P T E R 5

C H A P T E R
F I V E

     Cali finished curling the last few strands of her clients hair then turned her chair around to face the vanity mirror so she could see. "Am I the shit or what girl?"

The girl smiled touching her curls, "You the shit as always, Bennett is gonna love this look on me tonight, hopefully we don't sweat it out too much though .. or you might see me here bright and early tomorrow."

Laughing, Cali removed the chair cloth letting her stand up. Pulling out her phone she snapped a few pics to post on instagram then sprayed some hairspray on her hair. "Bennett better love this, it took my two hours to do this and its passed closing time, I'm late meeting Anaya and Alisha."

"I know, and I'm so sorry that I called last minute .. that's why I'm doubling the pay .. instead of $250, I'm paying you $500."

"And thats why you're my favorite client."

Taking the cash from her they gave each other tight hugs before Samantha exited out of the shop. "Tell my baby Mar, I love him." Samantha said before shutting the door behind her.

Pulling out her phone to check the time she quickly cleaned up her station seeing that she was like an hour late, making sure everyone elses station was cleared up she then went to lock up her salon and set he alarm.

Walking to the back of the shop to go through the back door since thats where her 2016 BMW was parked. She locked up the back shut off the lights then did a slow jog to her car.

Pulling her phone out her purse, she dialed Anaya's number. Anaya answered on the first ring wondering where she was.

"Bitch you said thirty minutes, we almost at the club where you at?"

"I know, I had to finish a last minute client. I'm headed home right now to do a quick wash off and to get dressed .. I'll call when I'm on my way."

"Okay girl, bye."

Sitting her phone down in her cup holder she sighed tapping her fingers against her steering wheel trying to get home as fast as she could.

It had been a minute since she last went out and she honestly wanted to enjoy herself with a couple of drinks, and let loose.

Pulling up to her house, she shut the engine off getting out. Before she could even use her key to get in her ex boyfriend Reggie opened the door then moved to the side to let her in. "Where you going tonight?"

"Out with Anaya and Alisha , where's my baby at?"

"He already upstairs sleep he tried staying up but you know how he is when it comes to his sleep." He laughed.

"Yeah, um thanks again Reggie for this."

"He is my son too Cali, whenever you need me to watch him regardless if its not on the week I have him, I got you.. I don't mind taking care of him."

"I know but still .. you never ask me to watch him during your week."

He shrugged. "I never asked because I already know you work hard enough and you need all the breaks you can get. This is the first time in two years you don' asked .. so tonight just have fun and relax for once, don't worry about Marquette I got him okay?"