Chapter 8: Waterfall

After their conversation, an awkward silence befall their current situation.

Mike was still thinking about the consequences of teaching this little girl, magic.

He is still feeling wary of her undetected powers, he does not intend to take a risk of the girl going berserk and harming his features or his territory .

Mostly his features .

Who knows what this little girl might do after she learns magic from a powerful whisperer.

This girl might even run the world!!!!

Unbeknownst of them, a presence have been observing their actions from a far. Lazing itself on a tree while indulging a weird colored apple, enjoying the scene unfold.

Luna has already given up her respect for Mike as he was so rude that she wanted to kill him immediately but she cannot do so because it is against the law.

Curse this over knowledge. She should have settled for only half of it.

Luna wanted to quickly leave this place and go back home but she have to somehow fuse those Aliciqess flowers together to make the cure and to do that, she need Mike's help.

If Mike does not agree on giving her a helping hand then she'll have to take them forcefully!!!! or she'll just ask for Sara's help.....

-
-
-
-
-

"Fine, I'll teach you" Mike finally said after hours of analytical thoughts

"Oh, okay...when do we start?" Luna asked as a trace of hope flashed in her eyes, then returned the blank space

"You have to use magic wisely okay? I do not want to get blamed if you go loco or something like that just because I taught you magic. We'll start in the morning" Mike said with a sigh

"WHAT?? IT'S NIGHT??!!!" Luna exclaimed loudly while looking up at the dark sky, then clears her throat "Well,in the morning it is...." she mumbled

"The first thing you should start with is a serious concentration of rest. In the morning, should this humble man still laying on the ground, you cannot disturb. For this man is taking a rest that would benefit your lesson is magic" Mike said with an awfully serious expression.

".....oh..o..okay...." Luna said with a hint of doubt.

The man looked at her for confirmation, he nods. Then, he put up an illusion around them.

He detected an annoying presence near them earlier so he need to take a little caution.

And so they slept.

*
*
*
*
*

Luna has been awake for quite a while now. This is her first time up in a mountain so she wanted to at least have an opportunity to view the rising sun.

She then took out the food that her mother packed for her , and ate it slowly, savoring her mothers own homemade food.

She has waited hours for this old man to wake up, the sight of him snoring loudly with an opening mouth is simply revolting.

His so called 'Resting for lesson benefits' is simply a big fat lie. It looks like he does not want her to wake him up early.

This damn geezer.

She knew that Mike has put up an illusion around them but there's this nagging feeling that something or someone is observing at them.
Immediately when she woke,she went on defense but there is nothing there. Is it just her being paranoid?